Hotels.com
Travelocity
Orbitz.com
Priceline
All reviews wanted to stay longer washing machine self contained unit oil oven dryer dusk
Selected filters
Reviewed 17 February 2020

Eloise is fabulous"
"didn't feel like work"
"loved the cooking class"
"what a venue, food, service"
"luxury accommodation"

We recently held a strategic retreat at Little Norfolk Bay Events and Chalets and this was just some of the enthusiastic feedback from participants! Eloise was the perfect host, friendly and generous and also so efficient, quietly working throughout the day and creating an environment that felt miles away from the office.

A pasta and bread making session, followed by a wine and beer outside on the deck soaking up the view, was a fantastic way to finish our first day.

All the meals she prepared were so tasty, with the sharing plates and the events house environment helping us bond as a team. It was difficult to pick a highlight meal - there was a six course dinner with a focus on local seafood, a range of delicious lunch dishes and a cooked breakfast complete with homemade croissants, jams and bread. The range of jams justified eating more than one croissant!

The chalets were equally loved with the views and design a standout.

As the one ultimately paying the bill, I was so pleasantly surprised by the value of this retreat and how much we achieved. We are an industry body, so this type of event really needs to balance getting valuable work done with some team building, good food and fun. It did. Perfectly.

I'm looking forward to returning for a personal visit and I'm not the only one.

Date of stay: February 2020
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 22 August 2019

I was fortunate to go with a group of friends to one of Eloise's baking retreats that she runs in addition to having accommodation. It was informative, memorable and I haven't stopped smiling since checking out last Sunday.

From the moment we arrived for pre-dinner drinks, Eloise's generous hospitality shone through. We'd just checked in to a very comfortable chalet with a sunken lounge area, well equipped kitchen (with coffee machine) and a two person spa bath and king size bed. As part of our baking retreat all our meals for the weekend were included and they didn't disappoint.

Eloise is a talented chef who formerly ran a restaurant at the same site - one that I fondly remember visiting when my children were young. She specialised in seafood and from the meals we experienced during our stay, her love of all things local, but especially the seafood, haven't waivered since then, nor have her skills.

For nearly two days we didn't leave the property as we went between baking our first sourdough loves, croissants and eating and drinking. If you can possibly go to one of the many classes Eloise does then grab the chance. At $450 pp for a two in a chalet (o $400 pp for three with one on a trundle bed), it was the most incredible value. By the end of the weekend we were telling Eloise to charge more. For everything we received we would have paid it.

Eloise is a strong believer in using local produce and supporting local suppliers and this shone through in the incredibly fresh food we were served during our stay. Even the wines came from within a short distance.

Staying in a lovely quiet location with beautiful views is what's in store at the chalets. But to truly appreciate what's on offer look out for the Indulgence Packages for couples or cooking classes. Eloise also has day classes for those who don't want to stay over.

I'm totally hooked and can't wait to return.

Room tip: Lovely rooms and generous hospitality.
Date of stay: August 2019
eloiseemmett, Owner at Little Norfolk Bay Events and Chalets, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2019

Thanks so much for taking the time to write this review and I am so glad you enjoyed the baking retreat!

Reviewed 22 August 2019 via mobile

My husband and I were given an indulgence weekend as a gift and what a treat it was. Eloise is so hospitable and the food was divine! You get the experience of 5 star dining with the feeling of intimacy as though you were at home, but without the washing up! The accommodation was neat and tidy and there are lots of things to do in the area. The following day we went to Eaglehawk neck and saw dolphins and whales. Truly memorable.

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thanks so much for taking the time to write this review, I am glad you enjoyed the weekend! thanks Eloise

Reviewed 18 August 2019 via mobile

I’m feeling very lucky to be Tasmanian and having access to this gorgeous part of the world. This is my 2nd opportunity to spend time at beautiful Norfolk Bay for the weekend and I couldn’t recommend it more highly. Eloise’s hospitality is such a breath of fresh air. The minute you walk in the door you feel so very welcome. Her take on food is just perfect. The freshest, local produce is her signature and she makes everything she touches with such care and attention. You can feel her love and enthusiasm for what she does in every plate. This occasion was a bread Baking Retreat. A chance for a girls weekend away to experience something we’re all passionate about. It was just perfect and a much needed respite. Such a warm and relaxing atmosphere to indulge in a shared passion. My sourdough loaf and gorgeous croissants . I can’t believe I made them! Such a worthwhile experience for anyone with a passion for food and relaxation. . I look forward to enjoying many more of Eloise’s planned foodie experiences. I can’t wait to return yet again.

Trip type: Travelled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I am so glad you enjoyed the retreat and I do hope you come back again for another fun weekend!

Reviewed 3 July 2019

Extremely clean & well-maintained accommodation. Appears recently renovated. Located off the main road; yet offers complete privacy. 10 min from port arthur; beautiful water-front, with bay views from the in-room spa. Very good quality furnishings & furniture. The personal care & thoughtful effort that's invested in this property, is very visible. chalets are completely self-sufficient, with dishwasher, washer-dryer & a complete kitchen; all squeaky-clean & nicely planned & fitted to give the studio a relaxed, yet extremely elegant look.Absolutely fantastic value for money. Must-recommended.

Date of stay: June 2019