All reviews kids club ski school next year dining room ski hire car park chalet apartment locker room can't wait to go back ski holiday front entrance ski area friendly and helpful staff overnight parking five minutes don t worry enjoyable stay
Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

Thank you for making our family holiday so memorable, easy, comfortable and awesome!!

We brought along with us 4 kids (6,6,4,2) and were prepared for some hard slog. The holiday was as painless as I could possibly imagine, with our little troupe. I have to say that it was not only the obvious ease of location, but more importantly the management of the hotel that made it that way.

The children (and therefore the adults), were catered for in every possible way....with smiles and efficiency.

Belinda, we loved your constant presence, and obvious overseeing role. A friendly but firm, motherly figure...in control and aware! That is just what this family friendly hotel needs. That is what makes it feel welcoming, informal and comfortable.

The restaurant food was fabulous, much better than expected, as were the kids meals.

The kids entertainment was also fabulous and great fun ...our kids loved it! Although it may have been a little late for some of our kiddies (bedtime normally 7).

Thank you for the loan of the baby monitor, and your personal attendance. That was very thoughtful and saved us some angst.

Post-script....
After reading some of the reviews I feel I should add some other comments...

This hotel primarily caters for families of young children. It is not fussy and is relaxed. That means everyone feels at home. Yes the kids make noise and yes they jump on furniture....and no it's not the complete responsibility of management to control them all the time. The peace and enjoyment of your stay relies on the good humour and help of every parent at the hotel. I myself guided (disciplined) quite a few kids, whilst being at times unable to control my own kids! Everyone was tolerant and some parents happily relaxed with a nice beverage. I felt at home!

If you are wanting a stay in a resort where all kids are well behaved, there are no viruses, and the staff do most of the parenting.....this is not the place for you (and you are being quite unreasonable!).

The daycare staff were lovely, as were the smigg kids ski instructors. A couple of them standouts!

Paloma
Brisbane

Stayed: July 2017
2  Thank Paloma H
Reviewed 5 July 2017 via mobile

Rooms not soundproof hear all kids rolling banging doors and stomping boots and noise from outside comes inside.bad luck if you want to sleep here.

Breakfast shuts at 9 so too bad if you didn't eat as you were getting Kids ready for 9 am lessons, I missed it by 10 minutes and wasn't even offered. A slice of bread.

Kids creache needs more staff one is sick as a dog coughing all over it's no surprise my toddler has a virus now .

I'm over this place
Kids uncontrolled in corridors at 10pm as parents get drunk at bar and you are left to police them yourself by yelling at them to be quiet
I'm over it and doubt I'll come back here unless they at least soundproof rooms

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
5  Thank Mobile136939
Reviewed 28 June 2017 via mobile

Our family including a 5 yr old and 1.5yr old stayed here in June and it was fantastic. Excellent location. Warm, Clean and comfortable accommodation. Friendly and helpful staff. The kids club is a wonderful way to entertain the little ones in the evening. All round a very enjoyable stay. Highly recommended.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank JamieJosh
Reviewed 4 November 2016 via mobile

We stayed at Smiggins Hotel and as always Belinda and the crew looked after us. During our stay i picked up a virus - the thing that really impressed me was that whilst i was resting in my room after skiing all day Belinda came up to see me with some Ginger calm to relax the stomach. Further to this is the staff were all on hand to ensure that i was comfortable which made our stay all the more enjoyable.
Well Done Belinda and the crew from Smiggins..

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Clarebear28
Reviewed 30 September 2016

We recently stayed in the Chalet as a family of 5 (2 adults, 3 kids). The chalet was a great size and could easily accommodate us - we had a 1 bedroom apartment. We all slept in the one room and there was a small kitchen and fridge in the lounge dining. We decided on the half board and the food was great - always 2 options for each course and the quality of the meals was top notch. The staff were amazing in their service and were always pleasant to deal with. I had a dietary requirement which they made sure was always sorted!

It is ski in/ski out, but unfortunately Smiggins skiing was closed. Smiggins Hotel and Chalet Apartments does run a free shuttle back and forth to Perisher, but we decided to just drive ourselves as it only takes about 2 minutes to get to Perisher and it wasn't too busy so could easily get a park. Staying at Smiggins also entitled us to a free locker at Perisher.

I would definitely recommend staying here and found that staying at Smiggins rather than Perisher gave us more time on the snow. We even just zipped back to Smiggins for lunch each day and a quick rest before hitting the slopes in the afternoon - I found this so valuable. The next time we come to perisher, I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family