“3 island tours - groupon deal”
Review of Phuket Free Day

Phuket Free Day
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Reviewed 16 July 2017

We did the 3 island tour with vouchers purchased on Groupon.Booking was easy via email, and we received prompt replies and confirmation.

The pick up van arrived onto and although the boat was supposed too depart from the pier at 9am, we did not board the boat until 9:50. Food, drink and travel sick tablets were available free of charge. You could hire flippers here too.We had to pay the THB 300 / adult and THB 100 / child in cash here.

The boat ride was extremely crowded, far too many people were on that boat. Life jackets were provided. We went to Phi Phi where there were so many people and boats in such a small place. I was very disappointed that we had to pay national park fees and there was so much rubbish on the beach and in the water. We had about 50 minutes on Phi Phi. The other two island were nice and lunch was fine.

While we did have a good day, the overcrowding on the boat was a safety concern and made for a very uncomfortable trip. Due to the late departure, the time on each island was rush rushed (we spend about 50 mins on each island).

5  Thank Melissa L
"baht"
"phuket"
in 7 reviews

Reviewed 14 July 2017 via mobile

Despite a crazy storm on the way back, the team handled it likes pros. Beautiful islands and a great guide!

Reviewed 13 April 2017 via mobile

My wife found a deal on Groupon and she bought it for us. 1 adult and 2 kids buts they are classified as Adults so it was $55 aussie each includes lunch and canoe doesn't inlcude the 300 national park fee so that was 900thb for 3 of us. My wife emailed Phuket FreeDay straight away and Bank replied back so quick! We orgnised it for 13th April. Pick up was a little late but that was due to The Songkran Festival. Everything was amazing and worth to do it. Thanks so much Bank & the team we had a wonderful day today! even if it did rain a little bit it was all good. Loved it so much my kids enjoyed the day too!
Kindest regards
Geoffrey Elshaw

3  Thank addikted2travel
Reviewed 8 February 2017 via mobile

Boat was overcrowded, minimum English was spoken (despite it being advertised), seats were incredibly uncomfortable and there was minimal shade. I don't recommend the Phi Phi islands tour because of how busy the islands all were. Waste of time and money.

2  Thank Cakeislifexx
See more reviews
Reviewed 3 January 2016

I purchased the 'Full Day Phuket Island Speedboat Tour' for 2 adults with Phuket Free Day through Our Deal. Sadly, this was our most disappointing experience in Phuket to date.

When we woke up on the morning of the tour the weather was terrible so I called Phuket Free Day to see if the tour was still operating or if we could change date. I was told that the weather would clear and it would be a good day. Unfortunately, it stormed on and off all day and everyone on the boat got soaked, over and over again. Now I understand that they can't do anything about the weather but our guides really didn't do anything to try and make the day any better, you would expect that they would have some 'wet weather' contingency plans.

Don't expect the beautiful islands or beaches that you see on post cards, at every stop there were so many boats and far too many tourists! I had been told that Phi Phi Island gets very busy with tourists but I was still a bit shocked, this was mass tourism on steroids! We did a day tour to James Bond Island on our last visit and it was so much better.

I was looking forward to doing some snorkelling with my new underwater camera but I didn't even bother getting in the water when I saw all the people trying to snorkel in a very small area.The 'International buffet lunch at Phi Phi Don Restaurant' was absolutely disgraceful! It consisted of fried rice, pasta and meatballs, and deep fried chicken which kept running out, served on the top floor of the 'restaurant' (if you can call it that) that had no walls and the rain was pouring in. My partner didn't have any food at all, he was absolutely disgusted.

To end a bad day, the 'tour guides' were really pushing for each and every guests to give a tip... even telling us what colour notes they preferred.

When I initially booked the tour, Phuket Free Day sent a confirmation along with some offers for other tours and airport transfers, I booked a transfer to take us to the airport on our day of departure which was a huge mistake as they did not turn up despite sending a confirmation... not happy! There's nothing more stressful than realising that you don't have a transfer at 5.30am, thankfully our hotel were able to organise a transfer at short notice.

2  Thank OzVikingGC