“Great day out”

Phuket Free Day
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Reviewed 14 July 2017 via mobile

Despite a crazy storm on the way back, the team handled it likes pros. Beautiful islands and a great guide!

All reviews
"baht"
"phuket"
in 7 reviews

Reviewed 13 April 2017 via mobile

My wife found a deal on Groupon and she bought it for us. 1 adult and 2 kids buts they are classified as Adults so it was $55 aussie each includes lunch and canoe doesn't inlcude the 300 national park fee so that was 900thb for 3 of us. My wife emailed Phuket FreeDay straight away and Bank replied back so quick! We orgnised it for 13th April. Pick up was a little late but that was due to The Songkran Festival. Everything was amazing and worth to do it. Thanks so much Bank & the team we had a wonderful day today! even if it did rain a little bit it was all good. Loved it so much my kids enjoyed the day too!
Kindest regards
Geoffrey Elshaw

3  Thank addikted2travel
Reviewed 8 February 2017 via mobile

Boat was overcrowded, minimum English was spoken (despite it being advertised), seats were incredibly uncomfortable and there was minimal shade. I don't recommend the Phi Phi islands tour because of how busy the islands all were. Waste of time and money.

2  Thank Cakeislifexx
Reviewed 3 January 2016

I purchased the 'Full Day Phuket Island Speedboat Tour' for 2 adults with Phuket Free Day through Our Deal. Sadly, this was our most disappointing experience in Phuket to date.

When we woke up on the morning of the tour the weather was terrible so I called Phuket Free Day to see if the tour was still operating or if we could change date. I was told that the weather would clear and it would be a good day. Unfortunately, it stormed on and off all day and everyone on the boat got soaked, over and over again. Now I understand that they can't do anything about the weather but our guides really didn't do anything to try and make the day any better, you would expect that they would have some 'wet weather' contingency plans.

Don't expect the beautiful islands or beaches that you see on post cards, at every stop there were so many boats and far too many tourists! I had been told that Phi Phi Island gets very busy with tourists but I was still a bit shocked, this was mass tourism on steroids! We did a day tour to James Bond Island on our last visit and it was so much better.

I was looking forward to doing some snorkelling with my new underwater camera but I didn't even bother getting in the water when I saw all the people trying to snorkel in a very small area.The 'International buffet lunch at Phi Phi Don Restaurant' was absolutely disgraceful! It consisted of fried rice, pasta and meatballs, and deep fried chicken which kept running out, served on the top floor of the 'restaurant' (if you can call it that) that had no walls and the rain was pouring in. My partner didn't have any food at all, he was absolutely disgusted.

To end a bad day, the 'tour guides' were really pushing for each and every guests to give a tip... even telling us what colour notes they preferred.

When I initially booked the tour, Phuket Free Day sent a confirmation along with some offers for other tours and airport transfers, I booked a transfer to take us to the airport on our day of departure which was a huge mistake as they did not turn up despite sending a confirmation... not happy! There's nothing more stressful than realising that you don't have a transfer at 5.30am, thankfully our hotel were able to organise a transfer at short notice.

2  Thank OzVikingGC
See more reviews
Reviewed 3 October 2015

My extended family of 13 have just returned from 11 days at Karon Beach. We bought vouchers from "Our Deal" for trips with Phuket Freeday, one was for Big Boat tour to Phang Nga bay with Hong Island and James Bond Island and the other was for a speed boat to Phi Phi Island, Maya Bay, Monkey beach.

After receiving the vouchers we booked the trips months in advance via email. All confirmations were smooth. Once in Phuket, we received an email from them letting us know that the date we have picked for the James Bond island visit was Eid, and therefore requested we swap our dates for the two tours. I appreciated this as it meant we didn't miss out on James Bond Island.

We were picked up on time for the speed boat tour, they used "Phuket Absolute Marine" as the provider. We were provided with life jackets, lunch on Phi Phi Don, time to swim at Maya bay and Khai island, and we saw Monkey beach (but did not disembark). the tour was great, although unfortunately on a speed boat it's hard to enjoy the scenery while travelling between stops.

My sister had an toddler on the trip who unfortunately did not cope with the long day, so we emailed Phuket Free Day, asking to split our Phang Nga Booking over two dates so that the toddler didn't have to come and no one else missed out. They were very accommodating a confirmed a new date within an hour. the day prior to our Phang Nga trip we could see that the weather was going to be terrible and once again emailed to see if we could move one of the bookings. they called back and changed our arrangements immediately with no problem. Because of their flexibility we were all able to enjoy this wonderful trip. They had arranged for Love Wonderland to take us on the big boat (Net and Ins were great). Lunch and snacks on the boat were great. the paddlers at Hong Island and the other cave stop were definitely a highlight of our trip. Just a note to take Baht to pay the paddlers and also for the markets on James Bond Island if you get trapped by the locals like I did.

Just prior to arriving in Phuket we emailed Phuket Free Day to arrange a group price for Tiger Kingdom. They arranged our driver and admission at Tiger Kingdom at a group discount. The Driver afterwards took us to the Kathu Cobra show.

I have nothing but praise for Phuket Freeday, the booking experience, their flexibility with dates and arrangements which enabled all of us to attend and take turns in looking after a toddler that didn't want to. Everything went smoothly. would absolutely book through them again.

7  Thank Julie2671