Lowest prices for your stay
USD 25
Free cancellation until 07/10/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
USD 28
Free cancellation until 08/10/21
Agoda.com
USD 21
Free cancellation until 02/10/21
Hotels.comUSD 25
Priceline
TravelocityUSD 25
All reviews old town indy market night market massage beaches limelight patong
Selected filters
Reviewed 14 March 2012

This is a really good hotel. Large room, the climationsation work well, it have larges windows. The bed is confortable.

Staff are really friendly and attentive at your request. The breackfast is well, not exceptionnal but well. But you take your breackfast on the terrace, where you have a good view on the city.

The disavantage is the location. This hotel is a little bit alone in his corner. No many thing in the sector. Even the Phuket night market is a bit far.

Other bad point, the shower doesn't work well in our room and the restroom stank.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 March 2012

I spend 2 nights in the hotel. It is the renovated hotel in Chinese style, located in Phuket town. They provide clean and comforatable room with good breakfast. You will also get 2 free bottles of water and free soda in your room. Free wifi in room too! Price is reasonable.

Date of stay: March 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 8 March 2012

Stayed four nights at Sino House. Prepaid booking otherwise might have checked out early. It's not a terrible hotel, but there were so many things that weren't quite right that it made the stay unenjoyable.

Well situated for the bus station, but note that this only provides services to the provinces and not to the beaches. Also not ideally situated for exploring the old town (10 minutes walk required.)

Room was large, but badly arranged with the bed in the corner and all the lighting down one wall. Very large window, but also very dirty (on the outside) with unexciting view. Shower okay, but tap lever comes off in your hand. Room service insist on tidying your personal possessions, replacing towels unnecessarily and taking away things that they think are rubbish - whether you want to keep them or not. "Free mini-bar" only contains two small sodas. Air-con was noisy, so you have the choice of being kept awake by the noise or waking up later on from the heat & humidity.

Hotel is generally quiet but noises can echo down the corridors. Decent wifi signal but occasional loss of connectivity. Breakfast has a wide range of foods, but the coffee is variable, milk/juices are warm and sausages/eggs are cold

Overall, not recommended. Better options must exist elsewhere.

Date of stay: March 2012
Reviewed 7 March 2012

We stayed at Sino House for 4 nights on a semi-business trip to Phuket. The location of the hotel is great to explore the town on foot, the suite was very spacious, the microwave and plateware etc. was useful for midnight snacks when the town closes down, and the 50% discount for all treatments at the adjacent Raintree Spa was a plus. The inclusive breakfast was ok if you just want the basics in the morning.

Only major downfall was the "free WiFi", which was down 3 of the days I tried to work in the room (suspiciously identical from 9am to 6pm on all days -- after that it was ok). The reception staff, however friendly, were useless, trying to sell us internet cards to the coffee shop in front (the latter of which borrows the hotel WiFi, so no thanks) as well as informing us (on all 3 days as well) that the internet guy is only available in the afternoons and offered to send him to OUR SUITE to check the hotel-wide WiFi ?!

But overall, great value for money and lots of space in the rooms, but just take their impressively nice interior images with a pinch of salt as the furnishings are more dated than those shown.

Room tip: The rooms that face the road (ie. suite 217) are quite noisy from the traffic and the cars blaring thumping bass music at night
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank urban-islander1
Reviewed 5 March 2012

I love fengshui and the first time I saw a room with the large cranes painting above the bed from Sino House website (Shanghai Deluxe Room - http://www.sinohousephuket.com/shanghai.html) plus after I read lots of positive reviews from Tripadvisor and other websites, I think to myself, this is just the perfect place to stay with my mom, as cranes are symbols of longevity in the fengshui world.

It would be silly to pick a hotel to stay based only on a painting. I have checked, though, that Sino House provides all facilities I do need for my great stay i.e. wifi, free mini bar, and a spa with 50% discount for the hotel guests.

Hotel location is wisely located, perfect for the bookworms as it is close to the oldest bookstore in Thailand, Seng Ho. It is only around 300-400 metres away from the main bus station which is also the airport bus station (I found out later that, from the station, the airport bus will pass the bus stop just opposite the hotel too. However, I think it is better to walk to the station if you would like to get some seats.

The hotel is around 800 metres away from the fountain roundabout which is near the fresh market where you can take the local Song Taew (Po Thong buses) to the beaches and the temples in Phuket (i.e. famous Chalong temple). I asked a friendly hotel staff for the shortest route to walk to the station, and she suggested me to walk along Dibuk road, pass a park and the famous Raya restaurant, then turn left and turn right to Thalang road where you can see Sino-Portuguese architecture (a must for the walking tour in Phuket old town), then turn left again to the roundabout. With interesting houses and shops and art galleries along the way, I don’t think anyone would feel that 800 metres is too far. (On Sunday, however, I just realized that some shops like a branch of KOPI de Phuket I passed on Thalang road were closed)

For food lovers, the hotel is just around 300-400 metres away from the Surin (clock tower) roundabout, where you can find lots of tasty, famous, local food stores. I didn't have the chance to go there though as the hotel breakfast is already great! I especially like the mixed mushroom porridge and the local desserts from the hotel buffet breakfast.

For postcard lovers, the hotel is close to the old post office as well.

What I really want to admire the most about this hotel is the hotel staff, as they are capable of changing quite a grumpy customer just like me to feel really positive at the end of the day from their services, hospitalities and problem-solving skills. I early booked the airport transfer over the phone call and the flight was delayed, called the hotel to change the pick-up time and found out that there was no record of me booking the airport transfer. Grumpy at first, but eventually the hotel staff managed to get a new taxi to pick up me and my mom at the airport, with hassle free and really late at night (22:30), very appreciated. Words of advice however, is to call the hotel for making sure that the airport transfer service will be there and on time, when you are at Suvarnabhumi (Bangkok) airport before departing if you can.

Another downside of this hotel my mom commented is that, although the room is really clean and well-maintained, but it is a bit old. But I argued with my mom that it is the ancient Chinese style of the room. I definitely recommend Sino House hotel anyway.

• Trip type: Travelled with family