“Look - Don't Touch!”

and up
Old Town Cultural Heritage Tour of Phuket
Ranked #11 of 133 things to do in Phuket Town
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Monkey Hill is a windy drive up a hill with good views of Phuket. When you get out of your vehicle to take pictures beware of the monkeys - don't set anything down, it will disappear. Also, check out the restaurants on top.

All reviews
in 10 reviews
"take pictures"
in 8 reviews

Reviewed 5 April 2018

It’s a fair old trek up Monkey Hill. We had a taxi take us up a third of the way. In the heat of the day make sure you have drinks ( these can be bought at the bottom of the hill from sellers) . My family of five (three teens) loved it here. We bought a bag of peanuts and they took them out of our hand. My advice is to hone in on the younger monkeys. The older ones can be more aggressive. Whilst this is a tourist attraction they are still wild animals so enter at your own risk. One smaller monkey hissed at me and showed aggression. I backed off slowly. I wouldn’t fancy taking on an older one. They loved the bananas that others were feeding them and they are a beautiful sight to be seen. Keep your poesssions where they can’t get at them. I witnessed two separate occasions today where the monkeys tried to steel a phone and a camera. They were, I must point out, shoved in their faces...... we have plenty of pics and lots of wonderful memories. Wholly recommend.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Visited here a few days ago and while it started off well with the smaller monkeys eating out of our hands, a very large male approached my husband, stole his peanuts and bit him on his hand, down to the bone. We ended up in Phuket Town Hospital Emergency (thank god our Taxi driver waited on the hill for us) with my husband having stitches and vaccinations, luckily covered by travel insurance (18,000 baht). Be careful! Stay clear of the large male monkeys but enjoy the others. They are wild after all!

1  Thank Julesmia
Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

If you love animals and in particular, monkeys, this is a must! On top of a hill, overlooking Phuket Town, there are a few families of monkeys. You should buy bananas and peanuts, and have a great time. They are a lot of fun. You are surrounded with them, and can watch them for hours, if you want. Only be careful, they may become aggressive, if not like the way that you feed them, or if they want something that you have. This can be a half full plastic bottle of water, or your shiny wallet...