All reviewsold townbed dormcomfortable bedswalking distanceplace to staybeachesphuketkopitiamwifitransportbahtfridgebackpackerslaundryferry
Reviewed 26 January 2018 via mobile

The staff was very helpful and extremely friendly. The stove top kitchen was a huge help and made meal prep easy. My girlfriend has dietary restrictions and being able to cook was a huge relief!!! Would stay there again!!! We actually tried to on our way back through, however all rooms were booked.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank John H
Ai_Phuket_Hostel, Owner at Ai Phuket Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2018

Thank you for your wonderful review.
We are happy to hear that you had a great stay at our hostel.
If you visit Phuket again, Please feel free to let us know.

Reviewed 12 December 2017 via mobile

We had a great stay at Ai Phuket. It was in a great location in Phuket Town, which we really enjoyed. We stayed in a private room and had great privacy and the room was very spacious. Everyone that worked there was incredibly kind, we would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank meganllafferty
Reviewed 31 August 2017 via mobile

This quirky and quaint place ticks all the boxes! Good location in old town phuket away from the chaos of the beaches, close to some great restaurants and cafes (kopitiam, house and half moon), safe and comfortable. Good wifi, comfortable double rooms and small dorms with aircon, clean bathrooms, free coffee, tea and drinking water, discounts on all tours and transport needs, friendly staff with limited English. Definitely the place to stay in old town phuket...

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AndrewW4216
Reviewed 31 August 2017 via mobile

I stayed in an 8 bed dorm that was fine, nothing special. The bathrooms were right next to the kitchen which was a little weird. Not too much for a common area but that's ok. The location was great and I loved Old Town. Unfortunately my stay was ruined when this poor girl came to me one evening looking for the front desk person (or anyone at all who worked there). She was super stressed as the room she was in (an 8 bed dorm but she was the only one in it) was completely infested with bed bugs. The bed bugs had gotten into all her bags it was just terrible and there was no one working at the hostel who she could get help from. She eventually had to just go get herself a hotel down the road in the middle of the night. I was lucky that my room was ok but I couldn't sleep either of my two nights there feeling like bugs were going to crawl on me.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank CaptPeach
Reviewed 28 August 2017 via mobile

Pro: Seemed mostly clean except leftovers from other hostel guests which were not cleaned up. Comfortable beds & nice blankets. Kitchen available. Good aircon. Great location in general.

Cons: No atmosphere & completely empty except a few couples. Family members hanging all around (especially an old creepy guy who stared at you as soon as you walked by) and children running around. Very smelly showers. Bathroom only downstairs. Receptionist could speak better English. No free towels.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends