We had to stay at this hotel when Virgin delayed our flights for 3 days (Yes that's right, three days!) and we couldn't have had a worse experience! I will admit that Virgin was also to blame for our sorrows but this hotel did absolutely nothing to brighten our moods!
The toilet in our room didn't flush, which was also apparent when one of the maids decided to use it whilst cleaning our room and left a lovely surprise in there for us when we got back!
The staff did not understand English, and whenever we tried to ask them questions about our flight or avenues by which we might be able to make contact with our families/flight companies/travel insurance they had no idea what we were saying and kept just nodding and saying 'yes' to everything we asked.
I am a vegetarian, but the hotel did nothing to cater for my needs. The buffet on the top floor pointed me to the salad and plain rice when I asked for vegetarian food. After this we decided to eat in the restaurant downstairs in search of some proper food, but the 'vegetarian' menu contained dishes such as 'Fried mutton' or 'Steamed pork with vegetables'. I lived off fruit and french fries during our three days.
My friend and I got food poisoning after dining at this hotel, even though we had not had food poisoning on any other occasion during our trip (and we ate from street vendours and local eateries!) The fact that our toilet didn't flush also enhanced the unpleasantness of being ill!
There were no DVD players in the rooms, which would have been nice considering we had three whole days to kill!
The room quality at this place was otherwise satisfactory, and the beds were very comfortable. The location is terrible though: there is absolutely nothing worthwhile to see or do in Phuket town, do not go there! It is also very dirty and smells, and noone speaks English!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Royal Phuket city hotel. Luxurious 4 stars Hotel in Phuket Town many facility Fitness Center Restaurant, Spa, Bakery, Conference Room, Our Hotel near the Old Town and Shopping Center and cross to local bus Station. just 45 minute from the airport and 30 minute to the Beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia APAC, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Wotif.com, lastminute.com.au, Hooroo Pty Ltd, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Royal Phuket City Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Phuket Town City Hotel
- Royal Phuket City Hotel Thailand