Lowest prices for your stay
USD 30
View deal
Free cancellation until 18/09/21
Hotels.com
eDreams
Expedia.comUSD 30
PricelineUSD 30
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 16 March 2012

The pictures led me to think this would be a normal tourist hotel but it is a relic from the 70's not much done after that, ok for a quick sleepover but cannot recommend for anything longer than that

Room tip: Higher floor means you're closer to the chinese A la Carte on the rooftop
Date of stay: March 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
3  Thank Paulus_Vanhanen
Reviewed 23 February 2012

Ok this hotel is old. but its location is verry convinient.

We arrive from Bangkok at midnight and checked in very late and left very early to Phi-Phi
The rooms are very basic and need a serious renovation. But the location of the hotel is great if you want to go directly to PP and get the ferry early as the hotel is 5 minutes away by car from the peer.
You can book the car and boat ticket directly to the front desk.
Food: did not try it.

Date of stay: May 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank Shiriocasa
Reviewed 19 February 2012

Stayed here for 2 nights as a solo traveller. On the + side, bed was comfortable, quiet for sleeping, centrally located in Phuket Town (about 15 min. walk to Robinson's Dept. Store) and food (incl. dinner) in the main floor restaurant was good and fairly priced.
Service at reception and in dining room was friendly. Building is a multi-floored, concrete structure with approximately 200 rooms. It is old and tired. The fact they charge for WIFI was an irritant to me as I felt the room rate should have included this. I think it worked out to about US$3.00 for 2 hours. That is a total RIPOFF!!. Necessary to buy Internet card at front desk and enter card # on one's laptop to get connection.

Wtih planning ahead for my next trip to Phuket Town I checked out a couple of other places in the vicinity and came up with what I feel is a better alternative, Phuket Crystal Inn. I didn't stay there but I checked it out quite carefully, including going into a room. It is situated about 1 block from Robinson's Dept. Store, public areas and room I checked out were clean, nicel appointed room had a good bed and separate shower and breakfast is included in the 950 THB (about US$28.) double per night vs. US$36. I paid at the Pearl Hotel. WIFI is US$3.00 PER DAY, rather than the same amount for only 2 hours. I can understand charging for WIFI in a budget hotel but the rate charged at the Pearl was usurious. The only downside I could find at the Crystal Inn was that the level of English spoken was considerably lower than at the Pearl.

My memory is like that of an elephant when I sense I'm being ripped off and that's the impression the WIFI charge at the Pearl left me with.....'once bitten....twice shy'. I won't return.

Room tip: - Front, lower-floor rooms may be somewhat noisy from street sounds. I was on the 8th on back side of hotel and it was very quiet.
Date of stay: January 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
3  Thank belkinhouse
Reviewed 30 October 2011

Best location in Phuket ,5 minutes walking to the old town.Big market just around the corner,a lot of good street restaurants,,one better and fresher than the former one ,.Avoid to eat in restaurants they are much more expansive and less good from far!
The hotel itself is a 3 stars hotel with very kind staff.Wifi is expansive.Room are clean,value for money, average.Book on internet for good rates.

Date of stay: October 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 September 2011

I was stayed in hotel pearl on 31 aug and 1 seo 2011 during transit from singapore.
Hotel was very old ,average rooms but best part was food.food during dinner and lunch was quite good.hotel is very far from bangala road and patong beach.

Date of stay: August 2011