“Thai cuisine fine dining style”

Blue Elephant Phuket
Reserve a table
Sat., 19/6
20:00
Ranked #22 of 1,032 Restaurants in Phuket Town
Price range: USD 20 - USD 133
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Royal Thai Cuisine now available in Phuket Town in the century old, Sino-Portuguese Governor Mansion. Open daily for lunch & dinner. Function rooms available. Reservations recommended. Cooking classes for individuals and groups.
Reviewed 29 May 2016 via mobile

We were recommended Blue Elephant authentic Thai cuisine the fine dining style. I must say the quality of the food is superb. They don't short change you on the ingredients and quality. Though it is on a more expensive side but it is worth a visit even just for once. We will definitely return to this fantastic restaurant just to appreciate the ambience which is once a mansion of a governor. It comes with a bar too if you are in it for a drink. We love this place and please give it a try. We are thoroughly satisfied.

Date of visit: May 2016
Write a reviewReviews (942)

Reviewed 25 May 2016

My friend recommend this restaurant so I want to have dinner with my husband. The decoration is very nice. There have a bar and gift shop before we enter the restaurant. They served us a welcome drink(non-alchol) in their bar and it was good taste. It was fully booked. The waiter and waitress are very friendly, we are over-order and they recommend us to take aways if we can't finish them. The fresh coconut is cold but not that cold... just good and sweet. We don't like spicy, so we order non-spicy dishes only. The most disappointed dish is tiger prawn. The size is not prawn but not tiger prawn. The taste is not wild prawn too. Crab meat fried rice was good. Many Crab meat and they are big pieces. Spring rolls are good as well. The other dishes are just average which I can found many better from Hong Kong Thail restaurant. The prices are expensive as well.
If you are looking for environment where it is a good place to go. If you prefer tasty food where you may disappointed.

Reviewed 22 May 2016

If you are looking for a classic Thai fine-dining experience in Phuket Old Town, Blue Elephant is for you.
All the dishes we ordered were delicious and well presented. I would highly recommend their fresh lime sea bass. It was sweet, spicy with just right amount of lime juice, blended well with lemongrass, and covered with a generous amount of finely chopped garlic.
Blue Elephant also has an extensive vegetarian menu. It looked very appetizing!

This beautiful mansion could transport you back into the World War II era.
I was shocked to find this Japanese Tobacco Poster from “State of Manchuria Tobacco Company” on the wall. It was an indicator of Japanese presence in Phuket during World War 2, since “State of Manchuria” was a puppet state in Northeast China and Inner Mongolia popped up by Japan.

1  Thank Pintac2015
Reviewed 18 May 2016

Of all of the many Thai restaurants I had the pleasure of dining at while in Phuket and Bangkok, Blue Elephant was by far my absolute favorite. The entire dining experience was phenomenal. As soon as we walked in, the hostess knew who we were and greeted us with two shots of a fresh fruit drink (I can't remember what it was). It was a great way to start the evening.

My husband and I were seated at a cozy table for two and immediately, we were brought out two small plates of mini appetizers. It was so nice to get to try different specialties from the restaurant. Everything we ate was amazing.

We ordered a bottle of red wine to go with our meals and it was great.

For starters, we ordered the crispy spring rolls and the fried crab soufflés. The rolls were perfect in crisp and taste. I highly recommend them! The crab soufflés were unlike anything I've had, but they kind of reminded me of croquettes in a way. They were really good, but a little too deep fried for my liking.

For my entrée, I ordered the Crab Curry and it was the best meal ever. It came with so much crab meat that my eyes couldn't even believe it! I can't explain how good it was. The entrée could have easily fed two people, it came with so much food. I was so pleased with my meal. I also got some of my husband's fish curry, and it was also really good!

Everything we ate was so delicious! I can't wait to come again!

Date of visit: April 2016
1  Thank PGirl08
Reviewed 15 May 2016

A splendid colonial mansion is home to The Blue Elephant restaurant and cooking school. It a wonderful example of the stately homes of the era, built by a rich merchant from the Chinese community in 1940. It is set in a sprawling tropical garden, with ample room for parking. The food is very fresh and an excellent example of Thai cuisine. Western options are also available and the food here never disappoints. It perfect for special occasions or a simple lunch.Attending the cooking school is a great experience too. Shopping is done at the wet market and then prepared in the kitchen packagedup for you to take home. The Blue Elephant red and green curry pastes and spices are available for purchase.

Date of visit: January 2016