“My wife & I .....”

Ranked #25 of 132 Hotels in Karon
Palmerston North
“My wife & I .....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2012

My wife and I stayed at Club Med, Phuket from the 7th of April - 17th of April. We couldn't fault the accommodation, food, entertainment, the staff.
While there, we had a Tsunami alert, due to two earthquakes in Indonesia. The staff at Club Med acted with the maturity and professionalism beyond belief ! There only concern was for the safety of the guests.
Luckily, nothing came of the Tsunami alert. But it was very comforting to know that the staff were fully trained to deal with such matters.
Every member of staff always greeted us with a smiling face - and a friendly word :)
Dennis & Alison Dickinson - New Zealand

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Dennis283

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (349)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Centurion, South Africa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2012

We returned to Club Med Phuket because we had such a great time two years ago. The kids love the KIds Club and they made great friends again. With kids, the all inclusive holiday package works exeptionally well as it covers meals and drinks. The food is great, so be prepared to gain a few kilograms or stay active. We hired a scooter to get around but there are busses, taxis and Tuk-tuks on every corner. If you do decide to hire a scooter, take an old passport along as you need to leave your passport in exchange. Although you can exchange Forex at the hotel, you get a better rate at the money changers just outside the airport and the hotel. We were at the hotel during the Tsunami warning on 11 April. The staff and management were brilliant in the way they managed the evacuation. Although it became a non-event, their actions during and after the incident, were exceptional. While we were waiting at the evacuation point, they brought water, snacks, nappies for the babies and had first aid people assisting us. This team is very special and they did a supurb job at taking care of us.

• Stayed April 2012
3 Thank CharmaineCenturion
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2012

We stayed at club med phuket with a few families and enjoyed every second of it. The GO team are amazingly friendly and helpful and have made some very good friends through club med! The service and entertainment was of high standard and everyone went above and beyond to assist you and even joined in on the activities both inside and Outside club med. although more so family orientated, is suitable for anyone wanting a relaxing vacation. 100% satisfied

• Stayed April 2012
2 Thank Cdaiello
grahamstown
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2012

Friends and us visited Club Med Phuket. They thought it wonderful. I found it uncaring and false.
On arrival there I slipped on the marble staircase because a broken gutter was speewing water onto the stairs. The stairs had a non-slip strip missing.
i was guided to my room. Then I had to beg and explain why I needed to see their nurse. (They have no doctor available.) Then nurse did not want to visit me in my room and asked if i could walk. I could walk yes, but had to shuffle along in pain.
She then recommended that I see a doctor. Go to the clinic. The reception was unwilling to help, giving vague descriptions telling us it was possible to walk there. They had no back-up for sick passenger!.
It was left up to us to get try get hold of a taxi. Reception kept on dodge and diving us. To make a long story short, the clinic referred me to the hospital. I had a 3 night stay in the International Hospital due to an aneurysm. My whole right buttock and thigh was purple and black. I could not sit, and had to use the the hollow neck pillow for the flight.
The staff ignored me. The lady in charge happily greeted me in high spirit on my third day back from hospital. Friendly but very patronizing and unsympathetic. Telling me about proper shoes!
When I started to tell her how proper my shoes were, she suddenly waved and greeted other tourist, then quickly excused herself and dashed to them.
Meantime they were mending the gutter and replacing broken strips on the stairs...
They took no responsibility and did not offer assistance in any way.
At our departure the lady in charge promised to arrange a special bulkhead seat on the plane. That was not done. And i had to rely on the pain medication.
My conclusion? Yes, you will enjoy their warmth and help as long as you praise them. But do not get sick. They have no back-up for medical emergencies.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
10 Thank saart
Bangkok
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2012

Once we got there we were greeted by a friendly GO (gentle organizer) staff speaking our native language (all the GO there can speak at least 3-4 languages). All of the staff there, including the chefs and maids and GOs, are extremely friendly, always smiling and chatting to everyone around and offering help. Other from that, there's basically a 24 hour food service for everyone. Breakfast/Brunch lasts until almost noon, lunch lasts until the afternoon, with snack time after that, and dinner afterwards. All the meals have great variety and are always delicious and satisfying. It is also Open-bar for the whole day, you can order any drinks on their menu any time of the day. For young kids, they always have daily schedules where specific GOs take many kids around Club Med, many activities and facilities to play (golf, basketball, archery, swimming, watching movies, etc), and also giving them time to mingle and make friends. There is also a similar group for all teenagers if you are willing to join this group of juniors. At night, there is usually a show/performance from the GOs or sometimes giving the kids there a "Talent Show' night. From about 10pm on, there will usually be a party going on, with many people clustered around the bar and dance floor with a great DJ, great drinks, professional lighting, and a time to chat, dance, make new friends, or just relax. Basically, everything there is free and you will definitely enjoy your stay there if you join/do their activities and facilities. Again, the GOs there are the most cheerful and friendly people you can meet. Go there and you will have a great time. :)

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family