Lock in great prices from these sites
Trip.com
StayForLong
Destinia.com
1,498 results
All reviews on the rocks rock restaurant grand villa jungle view rooms breakfast and dinner overlooking karon beach our honeymoon pool bar beach access thai food phuket massage privacy
Selected filters
Reviewed 14 January 2013

The resort is ideally located on Karon Kata beach in a landscaped garden setting overlooking the beach and sea. The staff is very welcoming and the restaurant "on The Rocks" is a beautiful place to start and end the day. The rooms are spacious and well kept .The location is ideal for enjoying all that Karon Beach has to offer. It is close to everything that anyone could need. The location near the beach makes it ideal for snorkelling as well as enjoying all the ammenities of the beautiful beach. One cannot forget about the beautiful pool with the waterfall in an idylic location. We spent 9 wonderful days there and look forward to returning .

Room tip: We chose a wonderful Garden room that fit the bill for us #115
Date of stay: December 2012
2  Thank TomJake1944
Reviewed 7 January 2013

My husband and I stayed in an Ocean view room in April for our honeymoon and it was amazing.
We had a great view and an absolutly beautiful room. Breakfast was free daily and it was always very nice. All of the staff were so polite and helpful :) Heaps of great restaurants and a beautiful beach just metres away
We would definitly recommend staying here, the ocean view room was great!

Room tip: Ocean room, great views and not a far walk from the rest of the resort
Date of stay: April 2012
Reviewed 15 December 2012

Not 5 Star. The rooms are very good - recommend the Ocean View. They are still re-building in early December. They have enlarged the reception area with no air-conditioned area (ridiculous) - they have got rid of the beautifully air-conditioned and very useful travel hut with its free wi-fi. But the Ocean rooms at least have internet through the TV's. Air-conditioning was noisy. Breakfast is OK but more 3 star than 5 star. Our main problem was at the end of the 8 day stay. My wife and I had the same meals for 24 hours prior to this except for lunch which we took at the Marina - my rice with chicken seemed dry like it had been warmed-up - 12 hours later I was sick as a dog, every hour for 7 hours. Very nasty. I was feeling ill the morning we had to leave but they presented us with a bill which included 4 or 5 Evian waters (at £2 each) - these had been in the mini bar (over the week) - we never touch mini-bars. They provide Marina mineral water bottles free of charge which are free and we only used those. But as ill as I was feeling - they made my wife go with them to the room to discuss this - while I had to sit feeling really ill in that non-air-conditioned Reception area. They finally relented but that was not a good ending. They do provide a good free Airport shuttle; but we had to pay 1,000 Baht to get them to take us to our next stop at Laguna (Dusit Thani - wonderful place). Unfortunately he took us the coast route which is very curvy and sick-inducing! What a mess is Patong, at least Karon and Kata areas are relatively peaceful - I would avoid Patong from what I saw of it. Laguna Resort is like heaven (apart from Best Western Allamanda which is the worst of the hotels there - although cheap).
Anyway, Marina - we went in February, wished we hadn't gone back in November (did get 20% discount as returning guests) (and still very heavy rain at times). Won't go again - it is a self-proclaimed 5 Star but 4 star is pushing it. Lugana next time - truly 5 Star.

Room tip: Ocean rooms best - if it's your second trip they should give you a 20% discount.
Date of stay: November 2012
3  Thank aramco
Reviewed 13 December 2012

I have stayed at the Marina at least 10 times over the last 20yrs and it just keeps getting better!
They have managed to grow and improve the hotel with each new renovation, but still keep that personal touch that makes you feel like you have come home as you walk through there beautiful grounds to your room. The new pool has added lots of extra deck space, and the new pool bar looked so very tempting, although wasn't completed in Nov.
On The Rocks Restaurant was open for breakfast, and was a wonderful place to start the day.
Don't tell just anyone about this Special Resort as it books up early, and you will be hard pressed to find a better Hotel on the Island
Enjoy

Room tip: The first couple of Ocean View rooms have only a peek-a-boo view of the sea.
Date of stay: November 2012
7  Thank Tom W
Reviewed 13 December 2012

Overall hotel was good. I got jungle room and it really felt like living in jungles with monkeys knocking your window in the morning. Might be scary for solo travelers.
Good:
Room was clean and spacious with a big window;
View is incredible;
Staff was nice and willing to help;
Breakfast was good although not a 5 star one.
Bad:
I had mosquito attacks and couldn't sleep at night. Door and window chinks were big enough. Mosquito repellent didn't work. (this was true only for jungle view room, my friend with an ocean view didn't suffer that much);
Air conditioning worked only when you are in the room. I am usually fine with it, the problem was enormous amount of mosquitoes and lizards and other bugs appearing when your room gets outside temperature;
Hotel doesn't own the beach, it was dirty

I personally would try another hotel next time. But this was a good value for money.

Date of stay: March 2012