1,548 results
All reviews plunge pool suite tai restaurant kids club champions bar kids world kids pool karon beach family room busy road main pool crossing the road security guard deluxe room pool bar friendly hotel tuk tuk great family resort
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Late but easy check in for my 11month old and I for 9days.
Standard room was comfy and had everything we needed.
All staff in all areas in particular the buffet breakfast crew were AMAZING with my son. Were the extra hands when I needed them.
Great variety of food at buffet breakfast.
We had a pleasant stay. Very clean.

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
Jean Philippe L, General Manager at Novotel Phuket Karon Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2018

Dear Tlevae,
Thank you for sharing your great experience online. It is a pleasure reading how much you have enjoyed the living space and the comfort of our rooms. As you rightfully mention, our Restaurant proposes a buffet breakfast with a large selection of tropical fruits and local cuisine, freshly baked breads and pastries, a variety of hot dishes, live cooking station, as well as a la carte items if you prefer. I will certainly share your comments with our Culinary team. We would be more than happy to welcome you back to our resort again in near future. If you need any assistance for your next stay, please feel welcome to contact me directly at jp.lovotti@accor.com

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Checking out tomorrow after 6 nights here. We had interconnected superior rooms which were perfect for five of us. I was concerned about vegetarian food options but there was loads available at breakfast and the veggie pizzas were also good. Staff were helpful and friendly- the Easter activities for kids were excellent and thoroughly enjoyed by my younger children. Thanks to all the staff for a lovely holiday.

Date of stay: April 2018

Dear LondonGlittergirl,
Thanks for sharing your fantastic experience online. At Novotel Phuket Karon, the team is entirely dedicated to create experiences our guests love. It is a pleasure reading how much you have enjoyed the living space and comfort of rooms, modern facilities, activities and the warm services from our team. It is a pleasure reading how much you have enjoyed the quality and variety of our breakfast proposed by our culinary team.I will not miss an opportunity to encourage them with the praise you gave. Thank you once again, we definitely look forward to welcoming you back in the future for many more great moments here at Novotel Phuket Karon.

Reviewed 1 April 2018

The staff were lovely and the hotel was amazing. I certainly would return I recommend this hotel to everyone. The location was great as you were in the middle of great attractions. Food and service amazing.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Jean Philippe L, General Manager at Novotel Phuket Karon Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2018

Dear Donnadoo,
Thanks for sharing your fantastic experience online. At Novotel Phuket Karon , the team is dedicated to create experiences our guests love. It is a pleasure reading how much you have enjoyed a great service from our team, perfect location of our resort as well as the Quality of the Cuisine proposed by our Culinary team. I will not miss an opportunity to encourage them with the praise you gave regarding the amazing food as well as the service. Thank you once again, we definitely look forward to welcoming you back in the future for many more great moments here at Novotel Phuket Karon.

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

The hotel is very isolated and only families with small children stayed there. The restaurants in the hotel are expensive (compare to Thailand’s rates) breakfast was not included and the rate was 550B. The beach is about 5 minutes walk and not the as beautiful as other beaches in Thailand. The room is big and family oriented. Not 4.5 stars maybe 4.. stars. Shuttles to Patong runs only 3 times a day and sometimes if you don’t signup hours before it’s full and the taxi cost about 400B one way. My room smelled really bad like drainage. I’ve stayed in many hotels in Thailand and in the World and this hotel was not worth the money. Definitely don’t stay if you’re not with family.

Trip type: Travelled solo

Dear Shay,
Thank you for sharing your thoughts online. At Novotel, we are dedicated to create experiences our guests love, we are truly sorry to read that your experience at the Resort couldn’t meet your expectations. Regarding your remark on the prices at our Restaurants and Bars, could I share that we offer happy hours for food and beverage, along with special food promotions through the day, so you can enjoy more for less at our resort.
The Resort is also located in the vibrant district of Karon, where you can find boutiques, local restaurants, temples, night markets… and the Karon Beach still considered by the locals as one of the most beautiful on the island. Additionally, a shuttle service to Patong is free and available 3 times a day, therefore we encourage guest to book in advance to avoid any inconvenience.
May I share with you that we do offer special saver rate with free breakfast included at booking time.
I remain hopeful that we will hear from you again and have a chance to welcome you at Novotel Phuket Karon again in near future.
Should you decide to give our hotel a second chance, I would be more than happy to personally assist you then.

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

First of all, this is a very family with kids oriented kind of hotel so if you’re looking for a place to relax without kids screaming and playing in the pool, this is probably not the hotel for you. If you do however have kids, then this hotel has a lot of activities for children.

ROOMS: We stayed in one of the suites on the second floor. The room is a good size. The beds are SUPER hard, wich was fine for the first couple of days but now I’m starting to feel uncomfortable when waking up. Also the cushions aren’t the best and the blanket for the bed is kind of thick for a hot country as Thailand. The AC in the room is very good though so this wasn’t really a major issue. Warfrobe size is also good. We have a bathub in our room and the shower is also a good size with good waterpressure. The prizes for the beverages in the mini bar is affordable, but of course you can find better prizes in town. The one thing that is a MAJOR minus is the sound proofing, we hear everyone passing by our room and I’ve woken up in the middle of the night several times by people chatting and yelling from the outside... This is something that really should be fixed. Also one day there started leaking water from one of the spotlights in the ceiling in our bathroom... We called the service desk and they sent someone to fix it but this shouldn’t be allowed to happen at all. Points: 3,5/5

POOLAREA: We have only tried the big pool. This pool goes from 1 m to 1,5 m depth wich is good. Major issue about the pool: the fix between the tiles is really bad wich makes the tiles kind if sharo by the edges. I have noticed people pointing this out in other reveiws so I really think this needs to be fixed as soon as possible. There is a lot of activities available like volleyball, you can shoot basketball, water rugby and the kids can hang out with Spirderman or Batman when they visit the poolside in their boat. The poolbar has affordable prizes for a hotel (Singha beer 119 baht++ and a Coca Cola 80 baht++). Also you get a button by your sunbed that you can press to call the waiter. Speaking of sunbeds, like every other hotel you aren’t allowed to reserve beds but of course people do this all the same and there aren’t really a great many of them. I have seen the staff take away towels that hasn’t been used in a long time to make room for more people wich I appreciate. Also, the sunbeds aren’t the most comfortable ones... The lunch meny by the pool is really good and the prizes once again is fair and they have different deals like buy two pizzas get one for free and such. Points: 3,5

BREAKFAST AREA: This was kind of a letdown. The breakfast area is located right beside the big road outside the hotel and it’s completely open wich makes it very noisy from time to time and VERY hot from time to time. Why not put up glass walls and put in some AC here like they have in the other restaurant ”TAI”? The breakfast in my oppinion didn’t really have that much to choose from and I was even more surprised they didn’t have more fruit to choose from. There was never any problem getting a table though wich I noticed some people writing in other reveiws, we ate around 8.30 every day. Points: 3/5

STAFF: The staff is SUPER friendly. People complaining about them being rude probably deserved it. A big thank you to the guy who helped us get our room quicker when checking in at 9.00 even though it weren’t supposed to be ready until 14.00. I can’t remember his name but it was something like Terr... Points: 5/5

CLEANING: I felt like the cleaning service was kind of uneven. Sometimes we got new towels, other days not. Some days they showed up at lunchtime and some days they arrived at 17.00. Some days we got new shower gel and soap and some days not. Also there should be information about what to do when you wish for new towels or clean bedsheets (like putting them on the floor if you wish for new ones). Points 3/5

If this hotel fixes the little things I would give it a higher rating. Would I stay here again if I were to visit Karon again? Yes I would.

1  Thank Linuspalinjen87

Dear Linus L,
Thank you for sharing your experience online. It is a pleasure reading how much you have enjoyed the living space, comfort of rooms as well as our air condition system.
Indeed, the resort is the perfect place for family, thanks to a large choice of activities and facilities for Kids. Thank you for the praise you gave to our team member, they will be thrilled to know that their commitment was the highlight of your stay.
We thank you also for your recommendations related to your stay. Could we share that we do propose mattress toppers if you prefer a softer bed. Activities are also available throughout the resort and the day, for any age group; lots of fun and entertainment!
Regarding the breakfast choice, I will share your feedback with the Culinary team for further improvement. However, may I share with you that we do open TAI restaurant at breakfast time.
We do hope that we’ll have the chance to welcoming you back and invite you to contact me directly then,.