Lowest prices for your stay
Agoda.com
AU$107
Fully refundable before Sat, 1 June
Breakfast included
No fees just great deals
Trip.com
StayForLong
Theklug
Kill Devil Hills, North Carolina

Very Nice Stay

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 27 Dec 2011
Wonderful Welcome at the Ramada South Sea.....Rooms were nice and clean! Pool is very nice but hot tub isn't hot. Staff is very nice, but does not speak English very well. Outstanding Free Breakfast....nice Beach and very close to the action in Karon Beach....Restaurants (try Red Onion and seafood restaurant directly across the street from Red Onion) and massages....Around $7.00 USD for a 1 hour foot massage. Kata beach is not far away and is also very nice. Not too far from Patong if you want to go, but much quieter.
Date of stay: December 2011
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
4.0 of 5 bubblesValue
  • travelup.com
    AU$1,103
4.8 km from Ramada by Wyndham Phuket Southsea
View more hotels in Karon
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 28 December 2011

I can't say enough about how much I enjoyed my stay. From the front desk staff to the cleaning crew, everyone was extremely courteous and helpful from the minute I arrived. The hotel is located in a prime location right on Karon Beach and plenty of local restaurants serving fine Thai food are within a five minute walk. The room was amazing and as great as the pictures you see online. The pool was refreshing and the massage/spa was fantastic. There was even a small courtyard with books to read. The hotel also offers transportation to and from the airport at a very reasonable price. I would definitely return and I recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room tip: Get a room surrounding the hotel pool; preferably on the first floor.
Date of stay: December 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 24 October 2011

We stayed there for 3 nights with family (4 adults, 2 kids) and had a mixed experience. The location of the hotel is a definite plus - far from the maddening Patong. Other positives are the room sizes, can easily accommodate 3 people (the sofa is more like a small bed).

Now the bad parts, Staff - were on and off good and bad. They somehow didnt understand much and everytime you asked them for directions, suggestions, you got a blank. The guard at the gate was similarly always trying to "sell" you a taxi at inflated rates. The housekeeping was awful - we saw used cups left without cleaning all the 3 days even after repeated reminders. Pool is good but very small. Also, guess the chemicals used is a bit strong vs. a normal swim pool.

Overall, can stay if you are single or traveling without family.

Room tip: Ask for connecting rooms when booking - they help you when traveling with family
Date of stay: October 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank easzee
Marcus W, General Manager at Ramada by Wyndham Phuket Southsea, responded to this reviewResponded 22 December 2011

Dear Easzee,
Thank you for your time spend to compliment and to prepare a brief review of your stay at the Ramada Phuket Southsea.
All your comments are being shared with the team.
We are pleased that you liked our location and Rooms
We will certainly review your less positive points with the team in order to improve ourselves all the time and hope that we can make your stay a even more memorable experience the next time around.We are also in process of getting most of our team through English language classes in order to develop them further and in particular to be better Host's for you in the future.
We hope to welcome you back here again with us in the future.
Thank you again and Kind Ramada Regards
Marcus Wirsching

Reviewed 16 September 2011

Whenever my wife and I are in Phuket - we stay here. In particular, we like that Karon Beach is a little quieter and relaxed than Patong and the South Sea is very well placed close to the main restaurant strip. The rooms are sizeable and reasonably appointed without being spectacular. The hotel's website puts the property in a very good light, but to be honest there are better properties for the price. Movenpick next door for a similar spend looks a better option. The restaurant is dull - but remember there are plenty of options close by - a tip - try the 'Red Onion' on Patak Rd. All in all, a reasonable property and I always enjoy my stay.

Room tip: Rooms to the rear of the property away from the road are a little quieter - but further to walk.
Date of stay: April 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Phil L
Reviewed 12 June 2011

Overall I had a nice holiday. Not sure this hotel was really worth the cost.

Great location across from the beach. The lobby of the hotel is breezy and very pretty. The staff were very pleasant, albeit not helpful at all. Several times we inquired with the staff about some local things (bus info, restaurant names, etc. - they were not able to answer any of our questions nor did they try to find out for us). When we go there we were shown three rooms. The first room the bed was broken. The second room was really must smelling and the a/c didn't work. The third room was suitable, but the toilet leaked and there was no hot water. My friend had to inquire about hot water three times.
I inquired about an iron but was told i had to pay for the laundry service. The hotel charged for wifi and the connection was spotty. Several times my friend could not log on. Again, she had to inquire at the desk several times.
The pool area was very nice, but the pool water had a strong chemical smell. The gym was advertised on the website and looked quite nice. Quite a different story in person. Most of the equipment was broken, including the t.v.
Pros- each room is provided with a beach bag which was very nice. We were able to get an extra one so both my friend and I could use one. Each day after the beach/pool a hotel staff would show up at our room with dry/clean towels.
I can't comment on the food as I didn't eat at the hotel restaurant as the prices were ridiculous.
Overall this hotel has a nice atmosphere but not really worth the money.

Date of stay: June 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
3  Thank LiveLoud25
Reviewed 21 May 2011

As soon as I arrived at the resort I found a modern, clean, fresh resort, the staff were kind, helpful and welcoming. They had been keeping a close eye on my son, who originally booked the room, and then had a motorcycle accident, hence my arrival. Bowie, Art and Nicholas took wonderful care of us especially when we needed it the most, all the staff were friendly and supportive, even assisted with interpreting and translating. In fact this boutique hotel has the owners in residence and I am aware that they personally checked on my sons welfare, giving our situation their personal attention, ensuring that we were taken care of not only at the hotel but also with the authorities. Not often in my travels have I ever felt such a personal touch.
The rooms were great, at the end of a hot humid Thai day I am looking for a clean room with air conditioning, a comfortable bed (and they were very comfortable) with clean sheets and clean running hot water, too easy, the rooms were all that and more.
Karon beach is only a 5 minute Tuk Tuk ride from Patong, (party central), so its perfect for a relaxing holiday and for those who want to party. Lots of families stayed there while we were there with lots of swimming in the beautiful pool.
The resort is beach front, however Karon central so only a short walk away to the shops, bars and restaurants, or the markets on Tuesdays and Friday nights where you can try some wonderful street food or buy the cutest pair of sandals for a song!. Try Phuket town markets on the weekend for the best duck noodle soup this traveler has ever eaten. I should also mention breakfast what a feast, included in the cost of accommodation was a breakfast buffet that was filled with fresh fruits and a wide variety of hot breakfasts, very very good.
We found the rooms not only lovely cool and clean, but quiet which is perfect for someone recovering from an accident or for those getting over a hard night at Patong, excellent either way for a good nights sleep.
I cannot wait to return to this wonderful little resort, with its beautiful friendly staff. The land of smiles is a beautiful place and this little gem is a special slice of heaven where they will look after you and you can relax knowing your in great hands.

Room tip: Book on the internet for the best deal.
Date of stay: May 2011