Algotels
easzee
Singapore, Singapore

Avoidable for families

3.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 24 Oct 2011
We stayed there for 3 nights with family (4 adults, 2 kids) and had a mixed experience. The location of the hotel is a definite plus - far from the maddening Patong. Other positives are the room sizes, can easily accommodate 3 people (the sofa is more like a small bed).

Now the bad parts, Staff - were on and off good and bad. They somehow didnt understand much and everytime you asked them for directions, suggestions, you got a blank. The guard at the gate was similarly always trying to "sell" you a taxi at inflated rates. The housekeeping was awful - we saw used cups left without cleaning all the 3 days even after repeated reminders. Pool is good but very small. Also, guess the chemicals used is a bit strong vs. a normal swim pool.

Overall, can stay if you are single or traveling without family.
Date of stay: October 2011
Room Tip: Ask for connecting rooms when booking - they help you when traveling with family
Trip type: Travelled with family
3.0 of 5 bubblesValue
5.0 of 5 bubblesRooms
5.0 of 5 bubblesLocation
2.0 of 5 bubblesCleanliness
2.0 of 5 bubblesService
4.0 of 5 bubblesSleep Quality
Marcus W, General Manager at Ramada by Wyndham Phuket Southsea, responded to this review
Responded 21 Dec 2011
Dear Easzee,
Thank you for your time spend to compliment and to prepare a brief review of your stay at the Ramada Phuket Southsea.
All your comments are being shared with the team.
We are pleased that you liked our location and Rooms
We will certainly review your less positive points with the team in order to improve ourselves all the time and hope that we can make your stay a even more memorable experience the next time around.We are also in process of getting most of our team through English language classes in order to develop them further and in particular to be better Host's for you in the future.
We hope to welcome you back here again with us in the future.
Thank you again and Kind Ramada Regards
No prepayment needed
    AU$623
4.8 km from Ramada by Wyndham Phuket Southsea
View more hotels in Karon
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 16 September 2011

Whenever my wife and I are in Phuket - we stay here. In particular, we like that Karon Beach is a little quieter and relaxed than Patong and the South Sea is very well placed close to the main restaurant strip. The rooms are sizeable and reasonably appointed without being spectacular. The hotel's website puts the property in a very good light, but to be honest there are better properties for the price. Movenpick next door for a similar spend looks a better option. The restaurant is dull - but remember there are plenty of options close by - a tip - try the 'Red Onion' on Patak Rd. All in all, a reasonable property and I always enjoy my stay.

Room tip: Rooms to the rear of the property away from the road are a little quieter - but further to walk.
Date of stay: April 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Phil L
Reviewed 12 June 2011

Overall I had a nice holiday. Not sure this hotel was really worth the cost.

Great location across from the beach. The lobby of the hotel is breezy and very pretty. The staff were very pleasant, albeit not helpful at all. Several times we inquired with the staff about some local things (bus info, restaurant names, etc. - they were not able to answer any of our questions nor did they try to find out for us). When we go there we were shown three rooms. The first room the bed was broken. The second room was really must smelling and the a/c didn't work. The third room was suitable, but the toilet leaked and there was no hot water. My friend had to inquire about hot water three times.
I inquired about an iron but was told i had to pay for the laundry service. The hotel charged for wifi and the connection was spotty. Several times my friend could not log on. Again, she had to inquire at the desk several times.
The pool area was very nice, but the pool water had a strong chemical smell. The gym was advertised on the website and looked quite nice. Quite a different story in person. Most of the equipment was broken, including the t.v.
Pros- each room is provided with a beach bag which was very nice. We were able to get an extra one so both my friend and I could use one. Each day after the beach/pool a hotel staff would show up at our room with dry/clean towels.
I can't comment on the food as I didn't eat at the hotel restaurant as the prices were ridiculous.
Overall this hotel has a nice atmosphere but not really worth the money.

Date of stay: June 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
3  Thank LiveLoud25
Reviewed 21 May 2011

As soon as I arrived at the resort I found a modern, clean, fresh resort, the staff were kind, helpful and welcoming. They had been keeping a close eye on my son, who originally booked the room, and then had a motorcycle accident, hence my arrival. Bowie, Art and Nicholas took wonderful care of us especially when we needed it the most, all the staff were friendly and supportive, even assisted with interpreting and translating. In fact this boutique hotel has the owners in residence and I am aware that they personally checked on my sons welfare, giving our situation their personal attention, ensuring that we were taken care of not only at the hotel but also with the authorities. Not often in my travels have I ever felt such a personal touch.
The rooms were great, at the end of a hot humid Thai day I am looking for a clean room with air conditioning, a comfortable bed (and they were very comfortable) with clean sheets and clean running hot water, too easy, the rooms were all that and more.
Karon beach is only a 5 minute Tuk Tuk ride from Patong, (party central), so its perfect for a relaxing holiday and for those who want to party. Lots of families stayed there while we were there with lots of swimming in the beautiful pool.
The resort is beach front, however Karon central so only a short walk away to the shops, bars and restaurants, or the markets on Tuesdays and Friday nights where you can try some wonderful street food or buy the cutest pair of sandals for a song!. Try Phuket town markets on the weekend for the best duck noodle soup this traveler has ever eaten. I should also mention breakfast what a feast, included in the cost of accommodation was a breakfast buffet that was filled with fresh fruits and a wide variety of hot breakfasts, very very good.
We found the rooms not only lovely cool and clean, but quiet which is perfect for someone recovering from an accident or for those getting over a hard night at Patong, excellent either way for a good nights sleep.
I cannot wait to return to this wonderful little resort, with its beautiful friendly staff. The land of smiles is a beautiful place and this little gem is a special slice of heaven where they will look after you and you can relax knowing your in great hands.

Room tip: Book on the internet for the best deal.
Date of stay: May 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
3  Thank 255068Susan
Reviewed 1 April 2011

We booked,my girlfriend an I a two-week trip to Phuket ,Karon Beach..Throuhg our travel agency we got a superior room at South Sea Resort.
Though that particular room did not quite satisfy our tast and needs,so it was easily changed to a georgeous delux-room...
This hotel is actually a boutique-styled hotel,not too big...very modern and amazingly in scandinavian style decorated..This was quite different from the other hotels were i stayed on my previous trips to Thailand...The service was smooth and polite ...excellent indeed...all our wishes were fullfilled in a second...and we had a lot of fun with the staff....So i can really recommend this to anyone...specially those who want a near location to the fantastic Karon Beach...And I learned a new hobby...parachutegliding....These comments from an elderly lady from Finland

Date of stay: March 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
5  Thank maj58
Reviewed 7 March 2010

This hotel is not as nice as it looks on the web site, staff are pleasant on arrival but from then on its down hill!! cant get cup of tea coffee at breakfast for love nor money and they love to charge you for your 2 free waters per day via room service. When you ask them to do/ challange anything it really is a waste of time and you cant help but feel they take the mick with squeezing every last penny from you! Good location from the beach but this hotel has been listed as a 4 star on some sites but it really isnt. You can stay in the hotel next door (movenpick) for the same price as one of there room over looking the pool. We paid for an upgrade but we were still overlooking a green brick wall!! there are aprox 35/40 sun loungers for over a 120+ guests and every one puts there towels out before 6:30 and they then go off for half / whole the day and i saw many a conflict as some one had dared to move them!! hotel was just ok but if service lets this place down. Not worth the money........Go next door!! I also didnt see one person use the spa which says it all. I also paid for a room for 4 people (2 dult 2 kids) and when we got there there was only three beds so i shared a bed with my three year old who i paid full price for!! i could have a put up bed FOR A EXTRA CHARGE!!

Date of stay: February 2010