Auld Reekie Lodge
TripAdvisor
USD 78
USD 77
Travelocity
All reviewssnowmobile tripmeal plangreat hostswalleyespent a weeknorthern ontariofishing boatsgreat fishingdianeurslakesaccommodationshuntingterrainfuelsnowmobilersinternet
Reviewed 13 January 2018

My co-workers and I spent a whole summer dining at Auld Reekie Lodge, eating breakfast and dinner there for a whole summer while working a field season in Gowganda. The service was exceptional, delicious food with large portions left us satisfied every evening! The hosts, Urs and Diane, are very polite and personable, always going the extra mile to make sure you were comfortable and pleased with the service. Auld Reekie is a must-stay if you are planning to spend any time working, fishing, or hunting in beautiful Gowganda!

Best Regards,

Jake

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 June 2017

We just returned from a family trip ( Father and Sons ). We spent a week at the lodge and were very pleased with the variety of fishing opportunities. We were greeted by our hosts upon our arrival and were very pleased with our cottage. We divided our time between targeting Walleye and Brook Trout. Both bodies of water we fished produced fish in great numbers. On the advice of the Lodge, we opted to bring our ATV's to travel into the back country lakes and even spent a day exploring the many miles of logging roads / trails surrounding the lodge. Any, and all gear we requested use of was waiting for us ahead of time and the bait supply was always plentiful and of great quality. Dianne and Urs made every effort to ensure we were satisfied with the service we received. They always had time for us despite the many projects they have on the go to improve the lodge and its facilities.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 January 2017

Wonderful setting in Ontario's North matched equally by great hosts Urs and Diane and family, spent a week at this awesome lodge where relaxation and adventure go easily hand in hand and the fishing venues are varied and plentiful, brings back warm memories winter or summer

Room Tip: Call the lodge and talk to them about what room suits your needs
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 10 October 2016 via mobile

WOW!!!!!

Urs,Diane and family definitely go the extra mile to make sure you feel welcome.
Right from the first hello to the last goodbye.

We had the meal plan and the food was excellent and very generous portions. I needed some minor modifications to my meals and Diane and Urs made me feel very spoiled. I communicated with them prior to my arrival to see if they could accommodate my modifications and they graciously said no problem we will take care of you. I will never forget their kindness.

We stayed in cabin 3 it was clean,spacious and very well maintained. When you go to a typical hunting and fishing lodge you really don't expect much but this cabin exceeded my expectations.

We are already looking forward to going back sometime for some snowmobiling.

My husband and I have traveled the world and there hasn't been to many places that we have left feeling like we made some new friends.

Thanks so much!!!!

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 September 2016 via mobile

Myself and a group of 5 family members spent the weekend at Auld Reekie Lodge in September of 2016. We stayed in a cabin that had 4 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms. Very very comfortable stay for everybody.

We also chose to use their meal plan option for our stay. This included supper upon arrival, breakfast each morning, packed lunches for the day while we were out hunting, and a delicious hot hot supper each night, and breakfast the day we left. Believe me, you won't have to worry about going hungry. Portions were beyond generous. And their salad with house dressing was fantastic.

For groups looking for a place to enjoy riding their atv's, grouse hunting, or fishing this is a great place to be.

Give Urs and Diane a call to book your next adventure.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family