All reviews honeymoon suite bed and breakfast costa rica nice beaches french toast common areas home away from home amazing hosts rent bikes outdoor shower the jaguar rescue center comforts of home punta uva wonderful stay delicious breakfast cocles beach ceiling fan
Reviewed 22 April 2018

I traveled in early February with my family to this lovely little B&B. Over all I was very pleased with this little home away from home. It was cozy and safe while still keeping that tropical island theme. Everyone there was very kind and welcoming as well.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 18 April 2018

This lovely B&B is located on a cute little street just steps from the main road near Cocles beach. Excellent for walks to the beach or to several awesome restaurants. Very clean and well maintained with plenty charm and a pleasant home away from home feel. The breakfasts were delicious and substantial with very good coffee! Our hostess was welcoming and helpful with tips on the area and excellent directions to a hidden treasure of beach... which quickly became our favorite beach! We will definitely book here again!

Reviewed 16 February 2018

The hostess, Erica, was friendly, efficient, and helpful with providing information and suggestions. The room was clean, quiet, comfortable; and, there was a good wi-fi connection. Parking is provided in a lot across the road. The breakfast was tasty and plentiful. There are restaurants withing walking distance. Puerto Viejo is about three kilometers from the hotel.
Thank you, Erica!

Room tip: Honeymoon suite
1  Thank J B
Reviewed 15 February 2018

We stayed in six hotels during our stay and this was by far the worst I have seen. The most depressing box room one could imagine - I would expect to pay $10 a night tops for that. There was a mix up over the booking and the owner was actually unpleasant/aggressive over my late arrival and confusion over the booking. I ended up paying for 3 nights, did not stay, but found a much much nicer place nearby. Avoid.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Juliet H, Owner at Physis Caribbean Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2018

Hello Tom, My name is Juliet and my husband and I are the owners of this bed-and-breakfast. We have never met, but I do understand that originally you had many positive interactions with our manager . I am sorry that you mistakenly booked two hotels in the area and forgot to cancel one reservation. Unfortunately, when you arrived late in the afternoon on your contracted date of booking, we were unable to refund your money as per our booking.com policy. If you look at our reviews and photos, you can tell we have a beautiful hotel where most guests enjoy their stay and leave very happy. We wish you all the best.
Juliet

Reviewed 15 February 2018 via mobile

We spent three nights here. The guesthouse is adorable and decorated so cutely! Love the hammocks and water feature in the communal area. Very personal service - Erika, the host, was lovely and friendly. I wasn’t very well when we arrived and she made me ginger tea with honey and lemon, brought me coconut water and helped in every way she could. She also made a tasty breakfast in the mornings and catered for my dietary requirements. It had a very family feel. The room was nicely decorated with hot water and comfy bed. Great location as not noisy at all. And a short walk into town. Would stay here again!

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple