All reviews beach club across the street costa rica beautiful hotel junior suite anna maria beach area the entire staff la pecora nera our honeymoon nice beach yogurt caribbean side the jaguar rescue center laid back thank you so much welcome drink
Reviewed 17 February 2017

I will give Le Cameleon a great review with a couple of areas for improvement...

The hotel is unique and charming, also elegance in a jungle type setting is quite remarkable. It all goes, it's beautiful, it's quite, it's refreshing and appearance all around; at check-in, the pool, restaurant, grounds and room itself will leave You saying "Booking.Yeah"... The location is superv.

My experience with check-in was quite pleasing, I felt welcomed and wanted, there was no issue at all with check-in and I especially appreciated the smiles from the receptionist and my welcome drink! It set the tone for my stay. The room was absolutely one of the best, I think any hotel taking a chance with the color white, through out, shows that they are not trying to hide in terms of cleanliness. And immaculately clean it was, the set up was incredible, everything worked, wi-fi was excellent and the balcony was the place to be as You will find yourself surrounded by jungle, sounds and feel of nature, peace and no worries in the world! Even the soft rain that came brought with it a heavenly aroma&feel that was unlike any other place I have been...

... There is always areas of improvement though, I did not see a coffee machine with a good Costa Rica coffee packet ready to go, which I thought was odd, for a room that amazing and quite a bit more expensive than the average in the area, this should have been an automatic. Having the right amenities can add enjoyment to any room and any guest's stay. Also, for the price, there was not a bell person greeting me at check-in. I think the utmost and proper welcoming any guest is to take their luggage from them that they have been lugging around traveling to your place. I did not use the phone to access the hotel services therefore I cannot comment on that aspect.

All in all I give Le Cameleon 4.5 stars out of 5 and also, I have already booked a return to Le Cameleon for July2017! This time I plan to use the beach area, that just because I had so many tours going on

Room tip: All rooms will have an awesome jungle view, the hotel is across from the beach, therefore there are no beach views.
Date of stay: October 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank Jorge B
Reviewed 31 January 2017

Excellent hotel... It is expensive but it totally worth it!
The rooms are very nice and clean... everything white and simple.
Breakfast was included and consisted of a selection of different dishes very tasty from clasical local "gallo pinto" to french toasts and fruits and coffee... really good!
Also they have a beach club in front of the hotel... just crossing the street... where you can relax at the beach or take a drink

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank R2894LVrafaelr
Reviewed 28 January 2017

We drove over from San Jose, about 4 hours, and we were pleasantly greeted with drinks as we checked in. The rooms are very spacious, and we followed the boardwalk along the pool to our rooms. The deck on the rooms really sits right in the jungle and the vegetation is amazing. The beds were ok, the bath large with a huge shower, no tub. The hot water was a bit unpredictable. The staff was helpful and willing to set up tours and connections. The food in the restaurant was so-so for breakfast and lunch and pretty bad for dinner, and the wait staff uninformed.
The boardwalks around the hotel were not well lit and very slippery due to rain. One person in our group fell off into the mud but thankfully was not hurt. The area is amazing and there are very few air conditioned hotels here.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank ann e
Reviewed 18 January 2017 via mobile

To finish our tour in Costa Rica, we landed in Limon with a small plane. Pick up from hotel le Cameleon was there for us. After 40 min we were already in the hotel. They welcomed us with a fresh fruit cocktail and fresh towels with a fresh smell. We got our room immediatly. It was so beautiful, all in white, cool. We stayed there 4 days, every day they changed the colours,that was amazing. We went out night time in Puerto Viejo and we enjoyed it. Many bars, many restaurants, a real night life. The only negative thing comparing to the pacific side was the rain, too much.

Date of stay: January 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank barca1991
Reviewed 15 January 2017

This hotel is the perfect example of the successful integration of a pleasant, cosy place in the luxuriant vegetation. Excellent hospitality, the staff is attentive and makes you feel like you are branded hosts. Great service, both at the hotel and at the beach club. Unforgettable !

Date of stay: December 2016