“Gem of a country pub”
Review of The Chetnole Inn

The Chetnole Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Chetnole B&B and Inns
Reviewed 27 November 2017 via mobile

Ate here twice with the family while staying nearby and everyone enjoyed their meals. Staff were great and beer was excellent. Highly recommend this gem of a quintessential country pub. The evening walk through the churchyard are also lovely on a warm evening.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family

Reviewed 20 November 2017

My wife & I stayed here for 6 nights for D/B/B and we enjoyed ourselves. We stayed in their rooms which were well furnished and comfortable.Breakfast was wholesome and all staff very helpful and smiling.Off the beaten track but therefore peaceful!.Dinner is good and well presented.The owner even sent me a photograph of the stairs when I was asking how many/steep they were.I would recommend this pub as a great location to stay and tour the Dorset countryside.

Room Tip: there are 3 rooms all on the first floor with ensuite facilities.They are all nice.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 November 2017

We came here to eat and the food was delicious - pate to start - yum. The pie to follow was exquisite and so good. Vegetables came in abundance and to share which always makes me nervous being a big eater of veg - there was plenty to go around!. We forced a dessert but just too nice. Came out 3 stone heavier. Service was really good and staff were so friendly. Hope to go back.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 October 2017 via mobile

This was the third time we’ve stayed at The Chetnole and it was excellent. Lovely location and very peaceful. Warm welcome, clean comfortable room and delicious breakfast. We’ll definitely be back soon.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 October 2017 via mobile

I stayed at the Chetnole inn for just one night when I was working in the area. They were very helpful, friendly and professional. I was checked in quickly and shown to my room, which overlooked the church and green area. It was quiet and I slept very well. The Wi-Fi was good so I was able to work in the evening. I ate on the restaurant, which was lovely. Breakfast was excellent too. I would definitely recommend this hotel and would stay again.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chetnole
11.6 km away
8.2 km away
Stoneleigh Barn
Stoneleigh Barn
#1 of 1 in North Wootton

Been to The Chetnole Inn? Share your experiences!