All reviews the pub fillet steak pie opposite the church large portions lyme regis booked a table pretty village no hesitation in recommending next morning ate here lovely room dorset countryside stayed one night evening meal rooms are spacious cooked to perfection
Reviewed 20 November 2017

My wife & I stayed here for 6 nights for D/B/B and we enjoyed ourselves. We stayed in their rooms which were well furnished and comfortable.Breakfast was wholesome and all staff very helpful and smiling.Off the beaten track but therefore peaceful!.Dinner is good and well presented.The owner even sent me a photograph of the stairs when I was asking how many/steep they were.I would recommend this pub as a great location to stay and tour the Dorset countryside.

Room Tip: there are 3 rooms all on the first floor with ensuite facilities.They are all nice.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 November 2017

We came here to eat and the food was delicious - pate to start - yum. The pie to follow was exquisite and so good. Vegetables came in abundance and to share which always makes me nervous being a big eater of veg - there was plenty to go around!. We forced a dessert but just too nice. Came out 3 stone heavier. Service was really good and staff were so friendly. Hope to go back.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 October 2017 via mobile

This was the third time we’ve stayed at The Chetnole and it was excellent. Lovely location and very peaceful. Warm welcome, clean comfortable room and delicious breakfast. We’ll definitely be back soon.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 October 2017 via mobile

I stayed at the Chetnole inn for just one night when I was working in the area. They were very helpful, friendly and professional. I was checked in quickly and shown to my room, which overlooked the church and green area. It was quiet and I slept very well. The Wi-Fi was good so I was able to work in the evening. I ate on the restaurant, which was lovely. Breakfast was excellent too. I would definitely recommend this hotel and would stay again.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 September 2017

We stayed here overnight for a family wedding locally and booked all three rooms. Downstairs is the bar and dining area which is welcoming and clean. Upstairs there are three large bedrooms, two double and one twin room.
We had elderly relatives with us with mobility difficulties but access to upstairs is via 2 short flights of steps with banister rails.
The rooms are smart, clean and well equipped. The pub is in a quiet village, opposite the church and parking is easy.
The owners made us feel very welcome and accommodated our needs very well. Access late in the evening after the pub had closed was not a problem.
The breakfast options were very varied and cooked breakfast excellent.
All in all a very enjoyable stay and highly recommended to others.

Room Tip: All rooms face road/church, all equally good and quiet
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family