Sherbourne House(Attleborough)
  • Breakfast included
Breckland Lodge(Attleborough)
Aldercarr Hall(Attleborough)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsone way systembed was comfortablethe pubwarm welcomefirst floorcar parknorfolkensuitecerealdog
Reviewed 5 October 2017

If you need to be in town and there is nowhere else then this is your place!
Bar staff are pleasant. Last breakfast even weekends is 9 which is mad early. Our room was very dismal. Didn't even use the shower as looked manky. Everything is very beery smelling and the staff swap beer flies which is a first for us.
Parking at the hotel is VERY limited and accessed via narrow arch. Be aware that the grassed area, where we parked, is full of dog mess which we managed to walk in. it is difficult to miss. Utterly horrible.
We have booked about 70 hotels across the world with Booking,com and this is the worst so far. Avoid.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ProblemPage
Reviewed 4 July 2017

We had a phone call to say that there was a problem with the bathroom in the room that I had booked but there was a solution.
Going in to the pub it was very dark and dingy. The owner came out and told us that the toilet in the room we had booked was broken and we could not use it so we had to use another room. 5. We were disappointed as we had booked the four poster bed room but the owner was very apologetic.The whole pub and accomodation could do with a face lift but on the plus side it was very clean. We could hear
the people in the next room so walls paper thin. The breakfast was superb and I had scrambled eggs which were delicious. However menu was a bit muddled as you could have juice or cereals but not both and my husband chose egg tomatoes and bacon but if u asked u got a sausage as well!!!

Room Tip: Room 3 has a four poster bed in it. Room 5 is like stepping back into the 70s .
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 April 2017

Stayed here for 2 nights as near to where we were playing darts. Good choice of beers very friendly staff. Breakfast was one of the best we've had with the freshest of products used. The evening meal was outstanding. Rooms are very comfortable. Will definitely use the Griffin again should we have to come to Norfolk again.

Stayed: March 2017
Reviewed 6 November 2016 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel in a triple room for 1 night. Having read the previous reviews after I had booked this hotel and read that mattresses were uncomfortable I was searching for an alternative in the area but everywhere else close by was fully booked. We got a warm welcome from the owner in the bar when we arrived and went up to the room which was relatively modern decor wise compared to the bar area which is very old school and traditional. The main problem with the room is the mattresses, they are seriously overdue replacement as they sag massively in the middle when lying down and the springs press into your back. The only other thing that could be commented on is the shower head which is clogged up full of limescale? and let's only a dribble come out - a £15 item that should be replaced. It's a shame that a relatively small outlay could fix this room as I would rather stay at an independent hotel like this compared to a travelodge - as long as the room as comfortable and I can get a good nights sleep. I bet the lost business to this hotel outweighs the cost of the minor updates that need doing, as I wouldn't have stayed here if there was an alternative - for exactly the reason as stated in some of the previous reviews, uncomfortable bed.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 October 2016 via mobile

My wife and I stayed at the Griffin on Sunday evening 2nd October. We had booked a table for 6 for a birthday meal at lunch time on the Sunday. The landlord and staff were excellent nothing was too much trouble. We took a balloon and cake with us and this was no problem at all. It is I agree like stepping back in time, but this is a wonderful place with much of the original features remaining we loved it and will be back. Thank you

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple