All reviewsone way systembed was comfortablethe pubwarm welcomefirst floorcar parknorfolkensuitecerealdog
Reviewed 2 April 2017

Stayed here for 2 nights as near to where we were playing darts. Good choice of beers very friendly staff. Breakfast was one of the best we've had with the freshest of products used. The evening meal was outstanding. Rooms are very comfortable. Will definitely use the Griffin again should we have to come to Norfolk again.

Stayed: March 2017
Reviewed 6 November 2016 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel in a triple room for 1 night. Having read the previous reviews after I had booked this hotel and read that mattresses were uncomfortable I was searching for an alternative in the area but everywhere else close by was fully booked. We got a warm welcome from the owner in the bar when we arrived and went up to the room which was relatively modern decor wise compared to the bar area which is very old school and traditional. The main problem with the room is the mattresses, they are seriously overdue replacement as they sag massively in the middle when lying down and the springs press into your back. The only other thing that could be commented on is the shower head which is clogged up full of limescale? and let's only a dribble come out - a £15 item that should be replaced. It's a shame that a relatively small outlay could fix this room as I would rather stay at an independent hotel like this compared to a travelodge - as long as the room as comfortable and I can get a good nights sleep. I bet the lost business to this hotel outweighs the cost of the minor updates that need doing, as I wouldn't have stayed here if there was an alternative - for exactly the reason as stated in some of the previous reviews, uncomfortable bed.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 October 2016 via mobile

My wife and I stayed at the Griffin on Sunday evening 2nd October. We had booked a table for 6 for a birthday meal at lunch time on the Sunday. The landlord and staff were excellent nothing was too much trouble. We took a balloon and cake with us and this was no problem at all. It is I agree like stepping back in time, but this is a wonderful place with much of the original features remaining we loved it and will be back. Thank you

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 August 2016

Richard and his team have been providing great pub grub for many years in this quaint old coaching inn.
Chose to eat in the bar, or restaurant , you will not be disappointed.....a very friendly atmosphere, and always personal attention from the proprietor.

Stayed: August 2016
Reviewed 13 August 2016

I called in while en route to Norwich; The Griffin is a good traditional country hotel and pub sited adjaent to the historic church at Attleborough. Good beer(well kept and served perfectly), polite efficient staff, loaded with history but with all modern conveniences. I greatly enjoyed my stay at the Griffin as a tourist in Norfolk. The Griffin has so much more character and value than Holiday inn or Travelodge(other nearish options for the traveller on a budget in Norfolk)Clean and tidy place for the traveller. I shall certainly re-visit the Griffin. It has Morland's 'Old Speckled Hen' on tap too....Great .

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled on business