I have stayed in a few 5 star resorts, but have never experienced such friendliness and service with a smile. The staff are fantastic with kids, our 8 month old son made many friends and my husband and I were able to eat together! The housekeeping is the most efficient I have experienced - our son was sick and vomitted on the bed sheets, we rang housekeeping and literally 2 minutes later they were at our door to change the sheets. Room service was also very efficient.
The rooms in the resort are probably a bit dated. Breakfast was abundant and slightly varied on a daily basis. The location is great for a relaxing beach holiday - the water is very clean, but there were rips to watch out for when we went in April 2012. There are two eateries, and two convenience stores behind the resort, the eateries were cheap and good (but not wow). We recommend using the hotel's shuttle service to get to phuket town or patong (although times for departure are set and not flexible, would have been nice if there were 2 shuttle services i.e. one for the day time and one for the night time to each location). The hotel shuttle is significantly cheaper than getting a taxi or tuk tuk, which we found was expensive for the distance covered in some situations.
We had room service and ate at the Fisherman's Wharf restaurant in the hotel and found the prices roughly double than outside, but the service and flavour of the food justified the price.
The resort grounds and pools were well kept, and this is a very family friendly hotel, but with adult only pools appropriate for couples too, but probably too quiet for solo's.
I've rated sleep quality as average as our pillows were too big, then we left feedback about the pillows (yes they ask!), and the pillows were changed to flatter ones. A couple of days later our mattress started to have dips in it which made it very uncomfortable, I'm sure the hotel staff would have changed this, but we didn't bother to complain so I guess the occasional stiff neck was our own fault!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Resting along 850 meters of unspoiled white sandy beach, embraced by lush green hills and sparkling blue ocean, Katathani Phuket Beach Resort recalls a tropical dream. Warm sands, the soft rhythm of lapping waves, and gently swaying coconut palms relax your senses—while our six swimming pools, six restaurants, and full-service spa delight them. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia APAC, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Wotif.com, Agoda, Ctrip TA and Odigeo so you can book your Katathani Phuket Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Katathani Phuket Beach Hotel Kata Beach
- Katathani Phuket Beach Kata
- Katathani Beach Resort
- Katathani Phuket Beach Resort Kata Beach