“Favourite spot in Kata”

The Tavern
Ranked #3 of 183 Restaurants in Kata Beach
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Description: The Tavern sportbar&restaurant is located in the centre of Kata tourist area inside a busy soi . Tourists and holiday makers are always made to feel at home in the relaxed and familary atmosphere!Serving thai and European food,cocktails,wine and icecold beer! Open since 1 april 2005 The Tavern has been entertaining guests in Kata successfully for many years.5 TV screens,showing all NRL,AFL,SUPER RUGBY EPL AND F1 also a free pooltable and other games.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

My partner and I were a bit tired of Thai food and wanted a break from the hustle of the Main Street - the tavern was everything we hoped for! Set back off the Main Street it has a really nice chilled ambiance, a pub style setting but with nice outdoor seating and really friendly service. Cocktails were great, they had our fav beer (San Mig) on tap and the owner is a really cool Brit guy who makes everyone feel at home. But the best bit was the food!! We were going to go for burgers but after seeing the Thai food that was coming out, we quickly changed our tune! Chilli seafood noodles, stir fry veg, basil chicken, spring rolls - it was all AWESOME, the best Thai we had in kata. We ended up going two nights in a row! Thanks for having us!

Reviewed 4 April 2018

A really great bar and restaurant just off the main road in Kata, English and Thai food
really, really, good. John the boss man is a mind of information so pick his brains. Meow Johns wife is the chef in the kitchen cooking all the great food.
The atmosphere is very friendly and with 5 TV's you can watch all the sports from back home. Never mind the time difference John will stay open. It will be my first stop off next year. Kisses for the two old guys at the end of the bar.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Just home from 2 week holiday with my wife in kata, this bar is our first stop ever time we go to kata. Great sports coverage, great food, and really friendly helpfully staff. Can't recommend highly enough.

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

I can not recommend this bar enough great service, great larger and it’s an amazing bar for the football.

Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

With a hundred places to choose from in kata beach to have a meal and a beer , I am glad I found this place . The food is cheap and absolutely sensational that I’ve been back every day . I watched the NRL live with a few beers - say no more .

2  Thank Frankie5Star