Let me start by saying...What a difference 12 months makes!!! Ms Sabina D'Alessaro has made some tremendous changes to this wonderful property and it has made it all the more enjoyable. Ms Sabina and her staff deserve much praise for the improvements!!
In my last review on this property I had some concerns, all but one have been addressed and the improvements far outweigh the one issue I have. The One concern I still have has to do with The Resort and not The Shore. Staff in The Resort working at the Pineapple Bar still do not like serving guests relaxing around the Bhuri pool and its such a shame that Guests have to look after themselves. Fingers crossed this one concern will be rectified on our next visit.
The staff at The Shore are some of the best I have come across in my travels, nothing is too much trouble and there is always a smile, laugh and a hello waiting for you.
The rooms at The Shore are just magical, for that extra surprise, book a Sea View Pool villa, the sunsets are to die for from the room and how could one not want to lie in their own infinity pool as the sun sets, magical.
Breakfast is terrific, afternoon tea the best new addition and having dinner at The Harbor, WOW!!!! The food, service and attention all number 1. And why not start dinner with a Happy Hour drink, watching as the sun sets over the ocean.
The pools are glorious both at The Shore or down at The Resort.
We loved the staff who kept our room clean, everyday they would leave a new little surprise for us and we really appreciated their thoughtfulness.
The staff are never intrusive, they ask polite questions and then move on with a smile. BLISSSSSS...
Don't forget the cooking classes at Chom Talay, what a wonderful way to spend a couple of hours, not only learning to cook Thai, but eating the food you cooked. One could not be hungry after this. Love the recipe booklet, Hat and apron all great touches.
If you want to do tours staff at either The Shore or The Resort are more than helpful and go out of their way to accommodate you, its a credit to them and management.
Also there are several wonderful resturants on the road outside the resort and going up into Kata if you want to do something different. The Pancake trolleys in Kata are finger licking good and a great way to end a wonderful day in Paradise.
Couple of tour ideas, The Big Buddha, Phuket Shooting Range, Elephant trekking, ox cart rides, snorkelling, parasailing. Shopping in patong don't forget Jung Ceylon department store and Robinsons for originals or Otop market, Karon Nightmarket for the touristy stuff.
Anyway the west cost is the most beautiful side for us and Kata Noi is number one place we love.
Definitely will be returning to The Shore as soon as we can, can't get enough of this heaven on earth. Thank you once again to Ms Sabina D'Alessaro and all your staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A luxury beachfront pool villa resort on Kata Noi Beach in Phuket, Thailand. This adult only resort is a natural fusion of indoor and outdoor living where time has no meaning beyond the pleasure of every moment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Wotif.com, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Expedia APAC, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Hooroo Pty Ltd, lastminute.com.au, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your The Shore at Katathani reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Shore At Katathani Hotel Kata Beach
- The Shore At Katathani Phuket/Kata Beach