We just returned from a weekend at The Shore and the experience exceeded our expectations in every respect. Upon arrival at Phuket airport we were greeted by a very friendly and professionally attired driver who drove us to the resort in comfort. A gated property adjacent to the Katathani Beach Resort, the Shore sits on a small hill overlooking the white-sand Kata Noi Beach. Check-in was a breeze - we were presented with warm hand cloths, fresh fruit juice, flower garlands, and gracious Thai hospitality reminiscent of the Land of Smiles! Sabina, the resort manager, came over to greet us, after which a golf cart whisked us uphill to our Seavew Pool Villa. The villa was the perfect couple’s retreat, with enough amenities to keep us thoroughly pampered throughout our entire stay: a private infiniti pool overlooking the ocean, outdoor patio, lounge deck, flat-screen TV, in-room WiFi, large corner monsoon rain shower, and freestanding bath tub. The bed (which was huge) was even strewn with rose petals and towels shaped like swans! While we had initially planned to spend much of the day sightseeing in Phuket, we quickly realized we’d prefer basking in the comfort of our villa and watching the spectacular sunsets over Kata Noi beach. During our stay we also took advantage of the complimentary in-room breakfast service, which allows you to customize your meal from a Western selection of eggs, meats, croissants, muffins, coffee, tea, and juice; this was available until 11am which was perfect for late sleepers like ourselves. Breakfast was also offered at the Shore’s oceanfront restaurant, the Harbor, yet we only made use of the Harbor for its afternoon tea and snack service, which runs from 3:30 to 5pm (complimentary for guests). In addition, the Shore maintains its own private bar, wine cellar, spa, and library, and guests are also entitled to enjoy the facilities and pools at the Katathani Beach Resort next door. Golf cart transportation from the Shore is available 24 hours a day which was always prompt and came in quite handy for getting around. The staff we met throughout our stay were warm, friendly, eager to please, and genuinely interested in delighting guests - the management of the Shore deserves kudos for their hiring and training. As the Shore is less than two years old, buildings are modern and the grounds are immaculately maintained.The only conceivable improvement I might make would be to increase the selection of DVD titles available for guests at the library - a few classics like Casablanca would be a welcome addition! All in all, the Shore is the perfect escape for couples looking to celebrate a special occasion or unwind from the stresses of modern life. We just wished we could have stayed longer - once you arrive, it is so hard to leave!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A luxury beachfront pool villa resort on Kata Noi Beach in Phuket, Thailand. This adult only resort is a natural fusion of indoor and outdoor living where time has no meaning beyond the pleasure of every moment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Evoline ltd, Booking.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Wotif.com, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, Hotels.com and Hooroo Pty Ltd so you can book your The Shore at Katathani reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Shore At Katathani Hotel Kata Beach
- The Shore At Katathani Phuket/Kata Beach