We stayed from 5th to 15th February 2012.
On arrival at avista from Bankok we were presented with welcome fruit juice drinks and advised our room would be ready in 25 minutes... in actually fact it was ready in 5. Helpful reception staff gave us a quick tour of hotel and room and explained how everything worked, breakfast times etc.
Rooms were impeccable... 5* luxury all the way.. bathroom had giant window in to bedroom so all appeared as one. Fresh towels and beach towels daily. The only thing I could minutely complain (and it really isnt anything serious) about the rooms is there isnt much drawer space to store your clothes etc and we probably could have done with a few more coat hangers... But to be honest it didnt bother us and im sure if we would have asked our wishes would have been met immediately.
Big flat screen tv with digital channels in several different languages, and dvd player. You could rent films at recepion for 50BHT (we didnt spend much time in our room so didnt use this service). Iron and ironing board all in room with dressing gowns and slippers/ flip flops in cupboard too! Even a choice of 4 different types of pillow if you wanted - but again we were happy with whatever we were given. Mozzy plug in already in room.
Our balcony overlooked the pool and was lovely.
Breakfast was great.. plenty of choice and all very tasty. Restaurant staff all extremely pleasant with great English, which was helpful as we only knew a few words in thai.. The hotel even provides you with a little translation book on arrival which is great to carry around with you.
My husband had lunch a few times by the pool and again - lovely food, and to be honest the prices were pretty reasonable as well.. For evening meal we ate out in kata/karon/patong and food is just so cheap... The most we paid was equivalent of £20 for starter/main drinks etc all in.
Hotel pools were lovely with amazing water features.... only gripe here was that the lower level pool had morning sun and then shaded in pm, and the higher level pool had no am sun and all the pm sun. So if you managed to get a sun lounger (and after 10am this was unlikely) you missed out on the sun either in the am or pm depending on where you were situated. Anyhow...we preffered to go down the beach most days anyway so it really wasnt a problem.
Kata beach is literally 5 minutes walk from hotel and Karon beach 10 minutes walk. The hill up and down to Avista is extremely steep, but didnt cause us too much bother as we are both young - and it was a bit of welcome exercise to be honest.
Night life is fab around Kata, but if your looking for something a bit more lively you can hop in a tuk tuk/ taxi in to Patong.. dont pay more than 400BHT (one way) The taxis just outside Avista will take you for 400BHT no problem (saves walking the hill too). Thai people very helpful so just ask them to point you in direction of Bangla Road - eye opener to say the least!
With regards to trips out and about and must do's..... Phi Phi and James Bond island are brill day trips but you must knock them down in price... and if you book in evening they will knock more off to try to fill up boats. Do it through one of the many trip booking stalls in Kata - much much cheaper! By like 50-60%!!!! One day we hired a moped for 300BHT (24hours) and visited Big Buddha and Siam Elephant Safari (which in on big hill on right side on way down from Big Buddha)... Both very worth doing!
For evening entertainment Fantasea show in Kamala Bay is AMAZING! Never seen anything like it!!! We just drove there ourselves and paid on door, but you can do it through trip booking also. Also really recommend watching Thai Boxing at Bangla boxing stadium in Patong... again price Negotiable on door!!!
All in all Lovely stay At Avista, Kata Beach.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Indulge in Luxurious Accommodations at Novotel Phuket Kata Avista Resort & Spa at Kata Beach. Raise your vacation to a higher level and have a stunning experience in Thailand. Novotel Phuket Kata, not just any other hotels -- it stands as one of the most expressive and stylish ones in Phuket. This beautiful hotel's design itself is a splendid architectural deco-nature model of bio-regional and ecological harmony. Set against gently sloping hills, it is the perfect spot to achieve your much-needed relaxation as well as to explore the wild jungles, magnificent beaches, and exciting nightlife of Kata. The nice hotel's pool area is likewise a striking, exotic oasis of cascading royal-blue water juxtaposed against the turquoise Andaman Sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Odigeo, Hooroo Pty Ltd, Booking.com, lastminute.com.au, Wotif.com, Expedia APAC, Ctrip TA, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and Hotelopia so you can book your Novotel Phuket Kata Avista Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Avista Phuket Hotel Kata Beach
- Avista Phuket Resort And Spa
- Novotel Phuket Kata Avista Resort And Spa Kata Beach