“A little piece of Spanish paradise”

Review of Casa Cruz. Cortijo

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Sue_Keel
Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
“A little piece of Spanish paradise”
Reviewed 3 September 2018 for a stay in August 2018

It was our first visit to Casa Cruz but I’m pretty sure it will not be our last. We booked 8 nights in the Casita and it was perfect for our needs. In fact it exceeded my expectations. Having been on a number of self catering holidays in the past, I had a certain expectation of the facilities and equipment provided. Dave and Al’s attention to detail ensured my expectations were surpassed by quite a margin. It’s a self catering property with added boutique hotel style finishing touches, from family sized shampoo, conditioner and shower cream, to pool towels, board games and the very generous welcome pack! I wanted for nothing during my stay.

The villa itself is beautifully appointed, with a good quality, very comfortable bed and I noticed a theme to the colour scheme (there’s that attention to detail again) and has a true Spanish feel about it but somehow also feels like a home from home.

The grounds are very well maintained and I very much enjoyed the view from the terrace, overlooking the excellent pool, pool house, barbecue and hot tub to the olive groves beyond. I spent a lot of time in the evenings soaking up that view and the peace and quiet over a glass of wine or two. My daughter really enjoyed the pool, which we almost had completely to ourselves, along with the pool side games etc (not forgetting Tiger and the kittens of course)

Dave and Al are excellent hosts, somehow managing to strike a perfect balance between providing for their guests needs and not being intrusive. They are also extremely good company too! They are very adept at arranging trips, providing transport (incuding airport transfers if you need) and nothing is too much trouble. They were able to arrange a day trip to the beach at Iznajar Lake (also providing us with beach toys to take with us!) a visit to the adventure park of Pindongos, a visit to Howl night at the wolf park together with a couple of meals out. All excellent entertainment.

If you are looking for nightlife and bars and restaurants then this is not the place for you. If you want peace, quiet and rest then I cannot recommend either of the properties at Casa Cruz highly enough!

It turned out to be the perfect holiday for me - just what I needed. I am torn between shouting about this gorgeous place to help Dave and Al’s business and keeping it all to myself as a personal piece of paradise.

Dave & Al - I cannot thank you enough for everything you did for us. I am missing being there so much and I’m going to remember this holiday for a very very long time. I WILL be back - that’s a promise.

5 Sep 2018
Hi Sue it was a pleasure having you and your daughter stay here at Xmcasa Cruz casita and Thank you so much for a wonderful review we are both overwhelmed by your lovely words... we look forwards to seeing you again soon love Dave and Al xx
VegarS43
“2 weeks in paradise...”
Reviewed 27 August 2018 for a stay in August 2016

What a fantastic place! We booked this place for 2 weeks and did want to leave. We found a place to recharge the batteries and the hosts were just fantastic. We were most of the time by the house! But nearby you have small villages and towns to enjoy a day out. Or swim in the lake :)

Just a really fantastic place!

Irene and Vegar - 2016

29 Aug 2018
Hi Irene & Vegar thanks for the review it's amazing and lovely to hear from you hope you are both well and hope to see you both (and Leon) again soon love from Dave and Al xx
Vixstix79
“Beautiful”
Reviewed 18 August 2018 for a stay in August 2018

What a beautiful place, great location, good facilities and fantastic hosts, would definitely recommend.

18 Aug 2018
Thanks guys really appreciate the great review enjoy the rest of your holiday and hopefully see you all again sometime soon best wishes Dave and Al x
Rik M
Selby, England, United Kingdom
“Fantastic private secluded villa with great amenities”
Reviewed 16 August 2018 for a stay in July 2018

We recently stayed here with our 3 young kids (2-6) and the in-laws in the separate Casita. It was a really special holiday and everyone loved it. The pool area is amazing for playing, relaxing, etc. with a hot tub and a kitchen. Also nice to sit on a night with a glass of wine.
The accomodation is really lovely with an authentic feel and all the towels, etc. are provided. Despite the lack of air con, the downstairs keeps cool and there are fans in the bedroom. It was 44 when we went but I didn't have trouble sleeping. There is a tv and dvd player for the kids.
The only downside is that it is quite remote and even the local bar/restaurant was a bit far to comfortably walk. You will need a car but then you can get to the lovely lake Iznacar and many other great local places. Dave and Al are really nice and helpful when you need them but otherwise leave you to enjoy your holiday.

19 Aug 2018
Thanks for the great review Rik was a pleasure having you and your family stay here at casa Cruz hope to see you again soon best regards Dave and Al
Roger P
Helston, United Kingdom
“Perfect little Spanish jewel”
Reviewed 23 June 2018 for a stay in June 2018

Our 3rd time of visiting casa Cruz and once again lived it. 6 of us stayed in the Cortijo and it was perfect. The weather was amazing and the accommodation matched to make it a perfect break. Dave and Al are the perfect hosts and arranged another private chef experience. We also did the white river rafting at nearby Benajmi which was great fun and also had a lovely relaxing trip in the new boat on Iznajar lake.
I cannot recommend Casa Cruz highly enough and have already booked our next visit. In all our travels we have never been back to somewhere mire than twice and we have just booked our 4th trip which says it all

24 Jun 2018
Thanks for the review Rog and Mitch and family, the week went so quickly we didn't want you to leave.. Really Glad you enjoyed the activities and the villa and the weather was perfect see you again in the Autumn Dave and Al x
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing