All reviews fish and chips old english inns lovely atmosphere old coaching inn greene king the ground floor large car park single room the pub castle combe ample parking little things chipping sodbury excellent value for money enjoyable stay night stay salmon
Reviewed 29 September 2017

Found quite by chance, stopped for lunch, which was quite nice, from the outside you would think the food would be very expensive, but was surprised to find a bargain menu from £4,99, which was good value, the chocolate sundae was excellent, ,,

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Old_English_Inns99, Brand at The Cross Hands Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2017

Thank you for posting. We're glad you managed to find us and enjoy your lunch. We hope you'll consider returning soon now you know where we are!

Reviewed 29 September 2017

Hotel was clean, Evening meal OK but microwaved and not worth the money, Breakfast was good. My big issue was the accommodation. I had a single room no.16 which was fine by size however the noise from the traffic was not good. The window was not double glazed and it would not close properly leaving a gap at the op. The hotel is on a semi busy junction with traffic lights outside the hotel. This resulted in lorries and cars often stopping and then accelerating, and the noise that went with that. Up until 11pm and from 5.00 am the noise from the traffic was not conducive to sleeping, I would not recommend staying until the windows are sorted out.

Room Tip: Don't have a room that is road facing
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business

Thank you for posting your review. We're sorry to hear of your disappointing stay with us. Should you wish to discuss this matter further we ask you contact us directly on 6435@greeneking.co.uk.

Reviewed 28 September 2017 via mobile

At £95 a night I thought this would been good. I should have checked TripAdvisor. It lies on a very busy road, so on arrival I was hoping I would not get a road facing room, particularly as none of the windows had double glazing. I got a room at the back, but this was tiny; barely enough room to walk around the bed. Dust found in carpet by skirting boards and other horizontal Surfaces. Decor was old fashioned and worn. Bathroom was clean, had a bit of a whiff, but worn too. Both need a complete refurb. Bed was comfy. Staff are friendly and the breakfast was good. This place needs money spending on it and is overpriced. My wife would have asked to leave if she was with me. I did not eat dinner here(although menu looked good) as I just did not trust them to deliver.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business

Thank you for your comments. We're sorry you have not enjoyed your most recent stay with us. We invite you to contact us directly on 6435@greeneking.co.uk so we can discuss these matters further.

Reviewed 23 September 2017 via mobile

Staying at this pub/hotel, bar closes at 11pm on the dot, even if you're a resident, won't serve you - NOT GOOD ENOUGH.
Food ok, and restaurant staff good, but will not be returning next year. Appreciate people want to go to bed, but to refuse residents at 11.05 when you've been stood at bar for 2-3 minutes!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 September 2017 via mobile

Stayed here whilst I was away with work for a night. Easy to find and has plenty of parking. Food was good and there was plenty of choice at the bar. Staff a nice and approachable. Room was a bit cosy and smelt “old” but didn’t bother me too much

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business

Thank you for posting your review. We're glad to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us and hope if you are ever in need of accommodate in the area again you will visit again soon!