“World Class Scenery with a Top Kayaking Guide”

Island Time Kayaking Tours - Day Tours
Ranked #2 of 17 Tours in Luganville
More attraction details
Owner description: Based at the Bay of Islands, we offer a range of guided eco-tours including a blue hole/crystal river kayak tour, a Bay of Islands kayak tour and a Lonnoc/Champagne Beach kayak tour. We also hire kayaks and SUPs on an hourly, half daily, daily or overnight basis and can organise longer expeditions for the experienced paddlers.
Reviewed 13 December 2014

I did the full day Havannah Harbour kayaking tour with my new mate Bernard. I couldn't have asked for a better person to go kayaking with - he was approachable, informative, funny and showed me places that I never would have found myself if I went down the unguided kayak hire path.
Havannah Harbour is beautiful and so much quieter and more scenic than Port Vila. I've kayaked in 6 countries, including numerous unguided multi-day trips in Australia, and my day kayaking with Bernard in Vanuatu is definitely up there with the best.
Food and fresh coconuts/other drinks were supplied at lunch by the friendly Kim and Russ, who met us on the shore along the way.
Also, Kim helps the Vanuatu community greatly by supporting a little kindergarten off the main ring road. If you have a chance to visit and drop off some school supplies and sporting equipment, it will be a couple of hours that you will never forget.

IslandTimeKayaking, Owner at Island Time Kayaking Tours - Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2014

Thank you Ronnie for the fantastic review - we showed Bernard and he is very happy! Its great to know we are 'up there' with the good ones! Thanks!
Now that we will be doing tours in Santo, we hope to see you again over there and can show you even more pristine sights..the children still speak of you at the kindy and had a great time playing with you that day...
thanks again - have a great Christmas - see you next year

in 3 reviews
"equipment"
in 6 reviews

Reviewed 25 November 2014

I went out with Thomas and kayaked around the long way around a small island in the harbour as it was just us and a beautiful day for it. I really enjoyed chatting with Thomas and learning more about the Ni Vanuatu people and their customs. The kayak itself was great, nice and stable and the location amazing and I really enjoyed my time on this tour. Lunch was also impressive and it was very nice of Kim to have collected my wife and children from our resort to have them meet me at the resort destination. The snorkeling got more impressive as you moved away from the resort but it wasnt too far to see some decent coral and fish etc. Would definitely recommend this kayak tour to others.

IslandTimeKayaking, Owner at Island Time Kayaking Tours - Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2014

Wow! You are our 100th reviewer!
Thankyou so much Michael, glad you enjoyed the day - was no problem to bring your wife & 2 lovely girls to meet you for lunch.
It was very interesting talking to you, and we hope to see you again when we kick off our 'new adventure"..
Take care, and thankyou once again for the review...
Kim, Russell & of course Thomas

Reviewed 23 November 2014

I did the full day Havannah Harbour kayak tour. Owner Kim picked me up at my hotel and drove me to Havannah Harbour where I was given a kayak, life jacket, some instructions and details of what the day would entail and some options should it prove more than I could handle (I have never kayaked before, especially not sea kayaked, and last canoed about 3 years ago).
I found the kayak very comfortable and didn't have to use the dry bag stuffed with a towel that I had brought with me just in case. It was the sort of kayak with 2 pedals, press right to make the tiller turn you to the right and press left to go left. Pretty neat!
My local guide was Thomas and we were accompanied by another local staff member, Bernard, who came along for the ride.
It took us 2 hours 15 minutes to get to the lunch spot, with a brief stop on a sandbank at the mouth of a river where Thomas did an amazingly detailed life size sand drawing of a turtle without lifting his finger from the sand.
Kim was waiting at the lunch spot with delicious meat and salad wraps, little local bananas, cans of fruit drink and icy cold water. The lunch spot is where the motorboat ferry from nearby Tanna Island lands on Efete. There are no seats, tables or toilets there, just a dirt road down to the beach. Should you need it Kim has a roll of toilet paper and there is plenty of scrub to duck behind.
At this point you can choose to paddle an extra 40 minutes against a head wind to the sandbar that apparently links the end of Tanna to Efete at very low tide, which I did. The beach at Tanna is absolutely lovely and the sea clear so I disembarked and had a swim. The paddle back to the lunch spot was a bit quicker with the wind assisting.
Back at the lunch spot I decided to rest my weary arms and accept Kim's kind offer of a car ride back to the starting spot which is also the afternoon tea spot. Thomas said he was happy to tow my kayak back, I gather he is quite used to doing this!
Afternoon tea was tea or coffee and packet biscuits. It is a lovely spot with lots of shade, tables, benches, toilets and outdoor showers. When Thomas and Bernard returned Kim drove me back to my hotel.
My husband had booked to do the tour with me but couldn't do it as his anti malarial tablets had upset his insides. I was very impressed that Kim offered to take him on a shorter kayak tour another day at no charge, Unfortunately we don't have time to take her up on her kind offer.
IslandTime kayaks offer other tours. The Havannah one is not particularly scenic, which is the only reason I have rated it 4 out of 5. Another time I would do their Port Vila harbour tour or their river tour as they sound more interesting.
Tip - as well as a long sleeved rash or similar vest, wear long below the knees shorts or take a sarong to cover your legs. My shorts go to my knees but below the knees would be in full sun for hours on end so as well as putting on sunscreen, Kim kindly lent me her sarong to put over them. Thanks, Kim!

Hi Marjorie, thank you for your informative review - just a quick correction though - for your readers - the Island where the sand bank that joins the mainland was at Moso Island - not Tanna (Tanna is the most southern Island in the Vanuatu group and is 45minutes by plane...I just don't want people to think they can kayak to Tanna..).
I am glad you enjoyed the day - and am surprise you didn't think it was very scenic, as most think it is a beautiful place to be - however, this tour is mainly designed for those who want to do longer paddling times...this tour enables them to choose how long they paddle - as you can go much further than you did on the day, as some have done - just a matter of preference.
I hope hubby is feeling much better - a shame he couldn't join us..
We look forward to seeing you again one day perhaps..
from Kim & the boys

Reviewed 3 November 2014

Did the Harbour Tour and was met by Kim off the cruise ship and off to the kayaks and to meet our guide Thomas. Fantastic time in the "better" kayaks, snorkeling, exploring and lunch. Also went to the school they support as we had bought some "stuff" for the kids. Really worth while as we wanted to "give back" and bless these kids. Highly recommend the whole experience :)

IslandTimeKayaking, Owner at Island Time Kayaking Tours - Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2014

Thank you so much! I took some photos to the kindy of all our visitors, and the children remembered the knitted toys and the open/closing ball thing - they all laughed! so , thank you for giving them happy memories, and for coming on the kayak tour - i am glad you had a fun day - love to see you back one day??
Regards