All reviews free bottled water full size fridge sheets desk tub pet motel
Reviewed 3 September 2016

Stopped to see if they had a room and how much. They did, price was right and the owner was really nice. Upon check in we got 2 bootles of water, a bag of microwave popcorn and an offer of bacon and eggs for breakfast. The rooms are spacious, there is a full sized fridge, the beds are comfy and the place is well kept and clean. Slept the whole night didn't hear a thing. I totally recommend this place.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 August 2016

My boyfriend and I stayed there for a wedding and wow, we loved the great service we were given the room was very clean, smelt great and when the morning time came we were very pleased to see the breakfast room.. it was all so yummy. We would defiantly stay there again 100%

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 July 2016 via mobile

We just stayed at this motel for a wedding, one of the best places I have been when it comes to service!! So polite, affordable, and they also give little gifts for choosing there motel. Microwave Popcorn, slippers for the ladies & 2 bottles of water all for No extra cost! The only thing I didn't care for was the pillows in the bedrooms. They were so hard and soooo uncomfortable!! If ever I am back in Sundre I will stay here, but bring my own pillows ;-)

Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 July 2016

I would have actually rated it at 3 1/2 stars but Trip Advisor does not offer half stars! The main reason for the lower score was the stale odor in the room. It took us a while to place it, but it smelled like it had been smoked in along time ago. It was a very nicely appointed room, so we were surprised by this. I did point it out to the very friendly lady at the desk, and she seemed surprised, saying she would check into it. The other reason for the lower score was the beds. We are in the minority who like softer mattresses, and I don't know how new these are, but they were not very comfy. Ours almost seemed to feel lower in the middle! I wish places would offer a choice: firm or soft!
On the positive side, very friendly service! Bottled water, popcorn, slippers (first ever!), and a free breakfast. With the very nice appointments in the very clean room, this is very good value. It is pet-friendly also, which we will certainly keep in mind whenever we get a dog again. It was quiet, with no traffic noise. A note on breakfast... I made a breakfast sammie with an english muffin, sausage and cheese. Hubby tried the bacon, which was not regular bacon (very strong artificial smoke flavor) and eggs (hardboiled, kept warm in water...a bit different!). There were nice looking muffins and donuts from Timmie's, as well as fruit, yogurt, cereal, etc. Very nice little eating area. I would suggest offering sliced ham, or Maple Leaf ready-to-eat bacon and scrambled eggs (easily made with cartoned eggs) as alternatives.
The motel appears to be undergoing some renovations as we saw stacks of concrete mix, tiles, etc. outside. So maybe they were not quite finished with our room, which had a very sticky door, and partly painted trim inside. Whoever painted the walls (nice colors, actually) did not use tape on the edges! We notice these things as we have renovated many houses, and it does take away from the room's appearance.

My comments are meant to serve both as a help to future guests, and as suggestions for improvement to the owners. We can recommend this motel, and look forward to trying it again where hopefully I can give it a higher rating!

Room Tip: We prefer top floors so as not to hear anyone above us!
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 June 2016

Fast friendly check in which made it alot easier with a little one
Very helpful staff that even offered a playpen,high chair etc for my little guy
Great rates
The rooms are big, clean, and smelled really good
The normal fridge was a plus so we did not have to stuff everything in a tiny little fridge
Fully stocked cupboards with dishes,utensils,etc
Great hot/cold breakfast
Thanks for a nice peaceful relaxing stay...comfy beds too

Room Tip: Just ask as they take care of your needs very well
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family