See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 29 February 2016

Robin is the owner, and he provided us a tour of the rainforest that topped our hopes. My wife, au pair, and 1.5 and 3.5 year olds joined Robin for a custom tour lasting well over 3 hours. As we walked through the forest, Robin shared blueberries and other trailside edibles, which was a highlight for the littles. He brought us to a lovely pool preceding a waterfall, where the whole family had a swim and explored. Robin will take you to any area of the park you desire, and made recommendations based on our family that fit us perfectly. Robin's 40 years in the rainforest yields stories, insight, and care that is hard to find. If you want to tour the rainforest, Robin's the ideal guide.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 July 2015 via mobile

I stayed for a few nights recently at the cabin with my husband. I read these totally opposite reviews prior to arrival, but found it all depends on your expectations and perspective. The cabin is simple and placed in a beautiful spot surrounded by trees and frogs. The hike up to the cabin is a little challenging (very steep!) while carrying your bags, but was a fun adventure with spectacular views. On the first hike up robin pointed out all sorts of interesting trees giving us samples the entire time. If you go expecting luxury you will be dissapointed. If you go to experience the jungle and have an adventure you will love this place.

The toilet was not really functional, however there was a rain water tap for handwashing, etc. My only big complaint was that the inside of the cabin was a little stuffy. We also heard about keeping the doors shut tight to prevent mice from coming in, but didn't actually ever see any mice. I brought my own light sleeping bag and we had some candles/flashlights both of which I would recommend. We never actually cooked here, and there are a few restaurant options nearby.

If you stay here or even end up nearby make sure to ride down the road to Noelia's restaurant too. Best food around and Noelia was an amazing cook and host!

Robin is a great guy and wonderful welcoming host. We went on a hike with him and it was well worth the money as his knowledge of the Forrest and history are truly impressive.

Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 May 2014

I loved the guy Robin Phillips. He is really a good man with good heart. He is been living a secluded life eating fruits and vegan that normal basic necessities doesn't matter to him. As for me I will give the DO's and DON'Ts
DO- Do a trek with Robin Phillips, he has huge knowledge about the area and it will be fun.
DON'T- stay at the house unless you are used to staying on a tree. It just looks like a dungeon.

Again, Robin Phillips is an awesome guy but I guess he is just poor to renovate the house to make it pretty for the guest. I really wish him good luck.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank handofgod7
Reviewed 15 December 2013 via mobile

We read about this place in Lonley Planet.If you are looking for an adventure and want to escape the tourist this is the place for you. We had all our camping gear with us and stayed two night. Amazing views all around Robins property.Remember this is real camping so bring everthing you need. Robin was hospitable and stayed up talking about Puerto Rico`s history. This place
is one of the most memorable parts of our vacation.

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank cinnersantarosa
Reviewed 6 September 2013

I read all of the reviews and felt I had a proper expectations set in my mind, but the Rainforest Fruit Farm was quite a bit more memorable that I expected!! Memorable can carry multiple connotations! :-) Here was our experience.

- Arrived near dusk (our fault and bad decision). We parked along the road and started walking up the steep driveway. It was incredibly slippery and we had fun sliding and spinning our "wheels".
- When we got to the top, there was a sign to ring the bell for service. The bell was a big saw blade that you whacked with a stick. Wow! There was lots of junk but this was expected.
- Robin was gone, but a friend was taking care of it. He came out and proceeded to give us very large walking sticks. "You will need these!" We were all wondering why. We soon found out...
- We proceeded to carry our belonging up the high through the dark and thick grass. Every now and then our guide said to watch your footing as it drops off.
- The cabin was as I expected. Non-working toilet and shower, but there was a spigot that worked. My brother & sister-in-law slept in on the bed and my wife slept out on the hammocks which was a mistake. Very uncomfortable and cold, but quite memorable!
- My favorite part was waking up and eating a star-fruit that could be reached from the deck. However, I was quite disappointed the "fruit farm" aspect. There were a few mango trees, the star fruit tree but not much else. Overall, it was memorable but not worth the money!!

Camping on Culebra was a much more amazing experience. I wouldn't recommend this camping experience.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family