“Saterday meal with the kids.”
Review of Casa Nostra

Casa Nostra
Ranked #2 of 35 Restaurants in Westhoughton
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 17 August 2018

My wife and I met up with our daughter and son in law, table booked for 7pm we all arrived on time and as all previous visits we were met and escorted to our table and as it quite early we had a choice of window seats. The waiter took our drinks order and left us for a while to choose our starters and main course. We all had various starters which was very nice indeed.

Then came the shock news a close friend of our son in laws family had been killed in a cycle accident in the ALPs. The manager spotted something was very wrong and came across to see what the problem was, I explained the situation and he could not do enough to help us under the circumstances. Has we had ordered our main course I asked the manager to make them a take away,which he promptly did for us and expressing his sympathy.To be absolutely honest the food and service in the Casa is top drawer and we now no. They are under standing people when confronted with this situation. We would like to thank the management and staff for their help and understanding. We would have no hesitation in recommending the Casa Nostra whatsoever just one thing within half an hour of us arriving the place was rapidly filling up so book early especially at week end and I am sure you will not be disappointed.

Date of visit: August 2018
3  Thank leswareing

Reviewed 13 August 2018 via mobile

You walk through the door and you are assured of a good welcome and attention.

The food is great and of a standard you would expect in a resturant. I had the mushroom starter and the pizza. Ive had the pizza twice now as I go in looking for something at it just smells (and tastes) fantastic.

Overall a great place to eat and its always busy so we try to go early.

This is one we definitely will be going bsck to.

1  Thank imfronkey
Reviewed 11 August 2018 via mobile

This has to be my favourite restaurant ever. Came with family just to get together during the week. Service is excellent - all really friendly and nice and food is excellent. I had mussels for starter which are delicious then tortellini my favourite pasta dish on this menu. Others had fillet steak which was cooked to perfection, spag Bol, and a chicken dish think it was pollo diavalo? Ribs starters and mushrooms starters. All were great. Just can’t fault this place in any way at all. We all love it and never disappointed. Can’t wait til next time.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 30 July 2018 via mobile

Got a table on a busy Sunday evening at casa nostre although I believe it's busy most of the time we opted for the 3 courses for £16.95 as the cheaper one only includes pasta and pizza dishes anyway I ordered king prawn starter which I enjoyed the prawns were nice and juicy and my partner ordered meatballs which he also enjoyed for mains I had the salmon in a lobster bisque sauce which came with veg and potatoes and it was lovely the salmon was melt in your mouth and the sauce delicious my partner had the slow cooked lamb again falling off the bone which he thoroughly enjoyed and to finish cheesecake and tiramisu we also had half a litre of house red wine which was of a decent standard have to say for the price this meal is very good and I will definitely go back I visited la cava in hindley a couple of weeks ago and have 2 say this meal was far superior to the one we had there.

Reviewed 13 July 2018

I have heard a lot about this restaurant so thought I would book it. The service was ok and the waitress very friendly, however the food was disappointing. My calamari was rubbery and not very hot, saying that my pizza was lovely. The desert was well what can I say! I ordered the fruit and meringue but asked for it with whipping cream rather than ice cream and was told they don't have "squirtie cream" but I could have single cream - it came with neither and was a shop bought meringue. I wont be going back. The toilets also need an update, they are very shabby.