“Lovely birthday suprise treat”

The Wensleydale Heifer
Ranked #1 of 4 West Witton B&B and Inns
Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

Had a fab birthday suprise treat for my boyfriend. Stayed in the James Bond room was great a nice touch in the room a birthday balloon a birthday card and a bottle of wensleydale heifer beer.
Food amazing and cocktails were spot on couldnt fault anything. Staff friendly and polite. We will be back but chocolate room next time as im a chocoholic lol !!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
fatheifer, Owner at The Wensleydale Heifer, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2017

Wow - Thank you for such a lovely review.

I am pleased that you enjoyed the James Bond room, It has turned out to be one of our most popular rooms - well who doesn't like James Bond!

I am delighted that we helped make your special occasion memorable.

I have passed you kind words onto all the staff and we all very much look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,726)

Reviewed 16 September 2017

We stayed three nights at the WH. Our room (the malt whisky room) was smaller than it looked from the photos, I suggest phoning and asking about room size. It was well equiped and has Molten Brown toiletries. There is also a flask of fresh milk provided and more if requested. Wi fi is ok. For a small room there were a few too many cushions and dress pillow.

Breakfast was very good, modest choice of cereals but nice fresh berries and other items. Cooked breakfast was excellent.
We were in the main building, the walls between rooms appear to be partition walls with little in the way of sound insulation. There can be noise from the restaurant below if one retires early.

Room Tip: Check room size with hotel as photos are deceptive
1  Thank Paul_of_Ashby

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review and your five star rating for the Heifer.

I am delighted that you enjoyed the added extras in the room and have taken on board the feedback about the room and will discuss all these points in detail in our next managers meeting.

Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 16 September 2017

Staff, service, room, food all excellent (if a little pricey) but would definitely go again !

Room amenities very up to date.

Location also superb in terms of walks, views, proximity to Leyburn and other "attractions".

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your very kind words.

We have put a lot of effort into bring the rooms to their full potential over the last 12 months and have introduced lots of new features for the entertainment and comfort of our guests but we will never rest on a our laurels and have some new plans for the winter.

I am pleased that you enjoyed the surrounding area. I live in West Witton with my family and feel very lucky to be in such a beautiful area every day.

Thank you again for the feedback and we all look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 16 September 2017 via mobile

A lovely relaxing stay. Only wish we could have stayed longer. Nice touch to get a complimentary Rose, card and balloon in the room as we were celebrating our wedding anniversary. Our room 'Heifer Room' was very quirky and comfortable and evening meal was lovely. However one of the best things about the hotel are the staff. They were all really friendly and informative and couldn't do enough for you. We will definitely be back!!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review of your recent stay with us.

I am delighted that you picked the Heifer for your special occasion and I am pleased that we lived up to expectations. We feel very humbled when guest chose to spend their celebrations with us.

I do have to agree with you that the staff are great, we are very lucky to have such a passionate bunch who are truly dedicated to providing the best service and product that they can.

We all look forward to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 15 September 2017

Of all the places we stay and eat, the Heifer stands head and shoulders above the crowd. Despite it being nearly two years since our last visit, we were greeted like old friends and felt immediately as though we were returning home. Our room this stay was the Champagne room, another stunning room with a luxurious bathroom. Many hotels attempt to achieve a certain 'look' or 'theme' through cheap, plastic decor. The Heifer does it properly and the difference is so obvious. From the toiletries to the bedlinen, to the fixtures and fittings, everything is immaculate, spotlessly clean and of the highest quality. The attention to detail remains as perfect as ever - we have never had to ask for anything at this hotel as they have anticipated every possible desire of even the most particular guest. The service is attentive, friendly, and professional and passed my ;early morning' test. As an early riser, I tend to have to creep out of my room and then go in search of coffee, so as not to wake my sleeping wife. The only person up and about at 7am was the cleaner but she was very quick to offer to make me a coffee.
As always, though, the star of the visit was the food. My scallop and hake pakoras with lentil daal and chunky raita was light, fresh and beautifully spiced. My wife, being in a 1970s timewarp, chose the retro prawn cocktail and raved about it. We both had lobster for the main course, choosing the less usual rockrfeller and roquito options. These were both fantastic - I've never had lobster cooked better than David and his team turn out of their kitchens. As the Heifer is one of the few restaurants that still has their own pastry chef, desserts are compulsory and, as always, were divine. Coffee in the bar gives Vince a chance to introduce us to his latest discoveries, including a multi-layered speyside whisky. It is always a struggle to manage breakfast but, again, it is too good to pass over. This is our go-to venue for the ultimate in luxury, relaxation and the very best food and we've never found better.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
fatheifer, Owner at The Wensleydale Heifer, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2017

Wow this review is one for the staff notice board!

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave such a detailed feedback of your stay. It is very humbling as a hotel owner to read such a review and it means a lot to all the staff.

It was great to meet you both again and nice to have a chat with you after dinner.

I am delighted that you enjoyed the champagne room, I do have to say it is one of my favorites and one of the most popular rooms at the Heifer.

I am delighted that you had a nice meal and I will pass your kind words on the Craig and the team in the kitchen.

Thank you again for your comments, all the staff look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near West Witton
The White Swan Hotel
#1 of 1 in Middleham
35.3 km away
The Devonshire Arms Hotel & Spa

Been to The Wensleydale Heifer? Share your experiences!