Flying Emirates, via Dubai, my 16 year old daughter and I spent 8 days at Bandos for some quality time together. This is our third visit to the Maldives, having stayed at Kurumba and Olhuvelli, and although this resort is less luxurious than the other two, it is very clean and well run and has everthing you need for a good family holiday. Our de luxe room was large and simply furnished and had a small sitting room. The bathroom facilities all worked well. The small patio has chairs, a table and a very handy drying rack for wet things. Although only 30 seconds from the shoreline, the actual beach is screened by trees and bushes, although this was no problem. The beaches on this side of the island are very narrow and almost disappear at high tide, but they are very pretty and secluded.
We took the B&B option because we are not fond of buffet for breakfast, lunch and dinner. We spent around U.S. $1,100 for drinks, lunch and dinners, which by local standards is ok. The food was good and well presented and the staff friendly and courteous. The house wine is aweful. Please, it must be possible to find a reasonably prices, pleasant, dry white wine by the glass. BANDOS MANAGEMENT PLEASE NOTE. Spent around $100 in tips for the week, which was appreciated by the staff.
The house reef is excellent, although there has been a lot of coral bleaching. The management do at least try and inform their guest how to behave when snorkelling, which is good. The swimming pool was clean and well maintained, and although we did not dive or use the sports facilities, both looked excellent. The spa looked good too, although a bit pricey for us.
All in all I can recommend Bandos if you want a pleasant stay in a medium priced resort. The decore very simple but overall the staff are friendly and helpful and you can spend a lot more money at other resorts for not much extra benefit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Not wishing to rest on the laurels of our existing achievements, Bandos Maldives had in the past year undertaken a major refurbishment project with the intention of transforming ourselves into a hotel that is truly reflective of the times. Careful consideration however, was given at all times to ensure that the old-world refinement for which the island has a reputation remained uncompromised. Under the project, major facelifts have been given to the front desk, lobby areas, shops, restaurants and bars and have furthermore commissioned a new swimming pool and additional accommodation facilities all of which perfectly blend with the island's tropical splendour and give visitors a taste of the Maldivian aesthetic. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, lastminute.com.au, Expedia APAC, Wotif.com, Ctrip TA, Hooroo Pty Ltd, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Hotelopia so you can book your Bandos Maldives reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bandos Island Hotel Bandos
- Bandos Island Resort Maldives
- Bandos Island Maldives
- Bandos Maldives