“Not for families with children under 2 years old or under 32" height”
Review of Enchanted Kingdom

Enchanted Kingdom
Ranked #1 of 10 things to do in Santa Rosa
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Baby buggy parking, Activities for young children, Wheelchair access
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Expensive fees
We visited Enchanted Kingdom during their 18th year anniversary, it was a Saturday, and as expected, there were a lot of people. Unknown to me, they no longer had entrance fees only so my husband and I paid the full fee for all rides which was 1200 pesos for two adults, our son got in for free.

Height requirement issues
Well in the theme park, we walked around the children's rides and noted that the minimum height policy was for 32" to 36" - our son was 29" at the time. It said on the signs however that children below the minimum height can ride when accompanied by one parent. I was happy with this because this meant that I could take my son on at least four rides, which is good enough for me. I was, however, mistaken.

Prejudiced visual assessment
Well in line, and the line was really long, I was asked to step away since he was too small, I told them that the sign said children below the height requirement can ride when accompanied by a parent. They told me that that is true but they thought he was too small and couldn't be allowed to sit beside me on the rides. Apparently, clothing my son with really baby looking clothes gave them impression that he really was too young and couldn't sit on his own. He's been sitting on his own for three months now but this didn't matter. They made a visual assessment and concluded that he's too small. This irritated me since I saw many other babies much smaller than my son but they were clothed like small men and women, not like babies - and, they were allowed to ride with no qualms at all. So then it seems that it is my fault since I didn't clothe my son "maturely" enough.

Odd regulations
To add to that, they said he can't ride since he didn't have shoes. I didn't bring them since it was such a warm day and being so crowded as it was, I didn't plan on letting my son stand or crawl or walk anywhere in the park. I thought this was such an odd regulation, the need for shoes since his feet won't even touch the floor of the rides and obviously, as a mom, I wouldn't let my son drop/fall to the floor or outside the ride. When I asked why he needed shoes, they really couldn't answer me.

Guest relations experience
I went to the guest relations office and complained about not being allowed to take my son in the rides since it said clearly in the signs at the entrance to each ride that children below the height requirement. They asked me to present my son for visual assessment and yet again, they concluded that he can't sit on his own and he's too small. Their other conclusion was that he can only ride the chariot in the grand carousel and the train and that they would coordinate with the ride operators so we can have access to the rides, downside is that we have to queue yet again. So then, we paid 1200 pesos to have access to two rides? I received a reply that they were open till midnight. So then I should queue about 10 times for each ride to get my money's worth? They said that my husband and I can takes turns to ride the adults rides to get our money's worth, I pointed out that we didn't go there for our sakes, it was for our son.

Lack of information about ride regulations in their website
I complained that they didn't have such information at the entrance where you buy the tickets nor in their website about the need for shoes and the firm height requirement rule. I pointed out that had they informed that children below the height requirement can not ride then, I wouldn't have bothered to come to the theme park at this point because it isn't worth it at all. Their lack of information led to my misguided decision to buy the full fee entrance tickets only to find out later that my son is allowed on only two rides.

Miscommunication between guest relations and ride operators
Once back in queue for the train ride, I was told he can't ride, yet again. I thought that the guest relations officer had already coordinated with them and I told them just that. The ride operators said he's too small and has no shoes. This really started to bug me since we already had an agreement with the guest relations officer that my son and I can ride the train. They had to call the guest relations again before we got to ride.

Misinterpretation of rules and regulations
One of the train operators said that he really needs shoes, or at least socks, she added that he needs them for protection since the train is operated through an electrical line in the rail. I just stared at her, dumbstruck, I couldn't believe what I was hearing. If the reason for the need to have shoes was just that, the electrical line in the rail, then baby shoes without rubber soles or socks won't offer any protection at all. Don't they know that? Again, I pointed out that he can sit and I won't allow him to fall on the rail. Reluctantly, they let us ride. Then once in the train car, they said, let's put on the belt for protection. I thought, are you kidding me? The so called seat belt was attached to the arm rest on each side of the car, not on the seat itself, so it offered little or no protection at all, even for children between 1-5 years old since the belt was way too high and didn't really hold these toddlers in place either.

I didn't say anything about the belt, I was just grateful we could ride before my son would need to nap again. He held unto the belt properly and watched intently as the train went around the short track twice. He seemed to enjoy it and at least for me, this was a consolation of sorts that he had something to enjoy and experience for the first time.

13  Thank AnnaMOberg

Reviewed 18 October 2013

We really wanted to try all the rides but our time was limited. So, we just decided to try the extreme rides like EK's Extreme Tower, Disc-O- Magic, Rio Rapids Grande, Rialto and Carousel. Aside from that, we had also chance to try playing some of the games. Take note: you must bring extra money if you want to buy souvenirs, food and drinks and if you want to try other rides. extra clothes if you will try the water adventures. Always wait for your turn, In short, Be patience! :)

3  Thank Summer S
Reviewed 14 October 2013

The Space Shuttle ride is its best attraction but not for those with faint heart, same with the Vikings. The ferris wheel is also good for viewing the whole park from above. Best done at night for the romantic feel. There is a choice of unlimited rides pass. It's worth it.

1  Thank Anna R
Reviewed 23 September 2013

I accompanied my son Gab in his fieldtrip in Enchanted Kingdom. He was so happy trying out the different rides together with his classmates. I'm sure this experience would be one of the happiest part of his childhood memories.

2  Thank jnh715
Reviewed 15 September 2013

Been here a couple of times and i always look forward to visiting this place. Yes, it's no disneyland.Still, it's a place to go, if you want to do bonding time and fun time with your family and friends. They have packages to pick from incase you opt not to do thrill rides. Though, bring with you extra cash for food and other rides that's not included in the ride-all-you can ticket.

1  Thank mitzsaints