All reviews front of house manager fresh fruit great location filippo luxury rates buses reception ferry island port
Reviewed 10 August 2017 via mobile

A very ethnic feel to the rooms with the tiles ( very italian) ,the room itself was quite small but had a great view of the beach. Wifi did not reach our room ( annoyingly) and breakfast was very ordinary. What surprised me was the 5€ fee for a beach towel that I wasn't made aware of till final bill , unfortunately there are better hotels on this beautiful island.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank markscelzi
Reviewed 1 August 2017 via mobile

When we arrived in Ischia we had just came from the busy city Rome. We were ready to relax and that is exactly what we got. The hotel staff here could not of been nicer. My partner got poorly whilst we were away and the staff were amazing. Very helpful and made sure we had everything we needed.
The pool area is lovely- they have updated it since these pictures were uploaded.
The bedroom was lovely and spacious with a big terrace balcony. We had the comfort sized room.
We had breakfast in the hotel, just your ordinary buffet, we did not have dinner as we like to eat out.
The hotel steps go down on to a nice beach which was very busy at this time.
The locals are friendly. There are some very nice restaurants along the port and a few bars.
This is the perfect destination to have a relaxing holiday but not a boring one.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank gtofis
Reviewed 29 June 2017 via mobile

Just spent 3 nights (22-25 June) here enjoying a relaxed, long weekend break. The hotel is your typical traditional Italian hotel, with wi-if (worked in our room- 202), clean and in a great location. It's a short 10 min walk from the port (find out the right one- there's two!) and was easy to get to from Naples airport (20 minutes Alibus for 4 euros to Beverello port, then hydrofoil 18 euros 1hr). Now the best thing about the hotel was Fillippo (pictured). He was so helpful... hiring scooters (which we didn't use in the end, as forgot card licenses!), recommending restaurants, spas (Negombo thermal outdoor park was amazing and I'd get there from 10am if I were you to maximise the experience), getting our return hydrofoil tickets, spending an hour on the phone to the airline, when we had a problem. Fantastic customer service. He even turned on the sauna for me on our last day! We ate out (fabulous seafood and rabbit is a speciality on the island) but you can eat in for 15 euros, which is great value for all 3/4 courses. We will be back but be aware Ischia is not cheap-along with the weak pound, you could be paying London prices! But being such a beautiful island and not as expensive as Capri, it's definitely one to return to!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Polly35
Reviewed 20 May 2017

I stayed for 6 nights in April and it was great. Perfect location on the beach and close to the very pretty main street, but quiet and tranquil. So easy to get to from the ferry...10 min walk. Filippo the manager could not have been more friendly and helpful, and his recommendations, care and good humour really were a factor in making my stay so good. Great base for exploring the island, the buses were fab.
In terms of managing expectations, the beach by the hotel is perfectly fine and convenient but not the prettiest on Ischia, and the hotel spa & pool are great but this is not a luxury hotel by any means and at times I thought the four stars were stretching it especially for the rates. Breakfast was ok but could definitely do with more variety (especially if you're staying for several days) and more fresh fruit and vegetables.
Having said all of that it's clean, comfortable, spacious, friendly, great location, and I would definitely stay again. Loved waking up to the sound of the waves, early morning jog along the coast path to Castello Aragonese and back, adventures on the bus to Negumbo thermal pools, Maronti beach, and a very nice afternoon at Sant Angelo's Miramare hotel where you can pay a day rate to use their stunning terrace & spa with several thermal pools etc...so I got a bit of luxury after all.
As a solo female traveller I recommend Ischia as a really easy fun and relaxing place to visit and the Ambasciatori was a perfect home for the week.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank GabrielleL281
Reviewed 4 May 2017 via mobile

We stayed (2 women) in Ambasciatori for 2 days, having chosen it blindly based on TripAdvisor rates. I didn't expect much but was positively surprised by 1) easy access by foot from the port 2) courtesy and help of personnel - Filippe (reception) speaks English and German apart from Italian, masseuse Maria-Grazia - amazing treatments and massages! Shopping street and Ischia Porto are in walking distance!

Amazing and relaxing stay.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends