All reviews no hot water amazon river animal sanctuary day tour electricity nets walks bugs piranha plants animals lodge boat alex jungle experience guide
Reviewed 30 June 2018 via mobile

We took a 3D/2N tour. Our guide was Alex and we stayed at the lodge. This was an absolutely fantastic experience. Alex is a great guide, he really enjoys the amazon and its culture and he has so much knowledge to share with us. Alex is a real jungle men!:) The lodge is great as well! We had some of the best moments just by being there with all the jungle noises, fantastic food and piscos!
Thank you all so much!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sofia Fernando A
paseosamazonicos, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Amazonas Sinchicuy Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2018

Dear Sofia:

Thanks for your comment, it motivates us to continue giving the best of us.
We are very happy that you have enjoyed the jungle and our piscos! We hope to have you back soon. Alex will be happy to read this.

Paseos Amazónicos

Reviewed 28 June 2018

My nine year old son and I just did the 3 day tour of the Amazon with the Sinchicuy Lodge, and we had a fantastic experience. Milagros and Danilo were extremely and attentive when we made our reservation. They answered all of our questions and were extremely prompt via email. At the lodge, Franco and the whole team provided above and beyond care. They shared free drinks and snacks, and were very attentive to my 9 year old son and made his stay extra fun. The food at the lodge was extremely good as well. Finally, Alex our tour guide always had a big smile, was extremely informative and had lots of interesting color commentary. Finally, I really appreciated the way that he answered questions and made things fun. I would recommend this lodge to anyone and everyone!

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
paseosamazonicos, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Amazonas Sinchicuy Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2018

Dear Mark:

I am very happy to know that your stay was great and unforgettable. It has been a pleasure for us to be able to support you in all the pre-tour coordination and during your stay. Thank you very much for expressing you like that of us.

A big hug to Paul! I hope you have taken many pictures :)

Reviewed 16 June 2018 via mobile

We recently stayed for 3 days and 2 nights at the lodge with myself, my husband and our 10 year old daughter. The lodge is beautiful, the rooms were comfortable, the food is fantastic (the staff wash the fresh produce in clean water and we ate everything you're not supposed to eat when travelling and we were fine) and the staff is wonderful. Franco made sure our super picky eater daughter got food she would actually eat (the only time she really ate well in Peru was at the lodge). Our guide, Martin, was wonderful and regularly went out of his way to make sure we were having a good experience. He even climbed a tree and caught a monkey frog so we could get a closer look at it and take some pictures! The itinerary was a perfect mix of fun and relaxation and they did an excellent job making us feel like we were on an adventure. I was glad to have done the tour because I am certain I would not have seen half of the amazing things I did if we had not had a guide.

Someone commented about the rehabilitation place that w went too being animal abuse - I will just say that we went to CREA, a very well respected rehabilitation center in the area, after we finished our tour. The animals were kept in much the same fashion as in the rehab center we boosted on the tour - their cages aren't designed for long term housing, just short term rehab. The police in the area would not allow a bad rehab center breaking laws to continue to exist down there, they have no problem confiscating animals.

As for the dampness in the rooms - it is a jungle hut with a thatched roof that is surrpunded in mosquito net but otherwise exposed to the outside. Rain does not get in, but it is 99% humidity and there is no AC so yes, it is damp. That is the jungle.

We would highly recommend the 3 day, 2 night tour to anyone - it was a fantastic trip and if we ever find ourselves back in the Peruvian Amazon, we will definitely do this one again!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
paseosamazonicos, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Amazonas Sinchicuy Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2018

Dear Jessica:

I was lucky to meet you on the last day of your tour, lovely! Thank you for allowing us to be part of your unforgettable trip to Peru and for your very motivating opinion. Thalia was the happiest!

Come back soon!

Greetings to your family.

Reviewed 11 June 2018

I went on a last minute trip to Peru and the wonderful Milagros from Paseos Amazonicos organized my trip to the Amazon by communicating with me on WhatsApp on a Sunday when any other trip agencies were closed. Amazing day tours with Oscar, an excellent and caring tour guide! Franco, the manager of the lodge made us feel at home.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo

Dear Konstantin:

It was really a pleasure to be able to support you and guide you at all times before your tour.
The gratitude is mutual for such motivating words, thank you very much!

Come back soon!

Reviewed 10 June 2018 via mobile

My friend and I wanted to see the Amazon Jungle on our trip to Peru so we found and booked a 3 day tour online through viator for this lodge. What can I say? WOW!!!!!! We were so impressed with how fantastic and unforgettable this trip was. We took boat rides down the Amazon river, visited a traditional village with singing and dancing, fished for piranha, went on day and night jungle walks, visited an animal sanctuary, held sloths, chilled in hammocks surrounded by paradise. The lodge was beautiful and very accommodating. Comfortable beds and lots of mosquito nets that helped with the bugs. The meals were so delicious, every single one of them!! Very nice to have a bar where we could get some cold beers after being out all day exploring. They do provide electricity for a few hours at night in the main dining hall so you can charge stuff. Also, no hot water but you won’t need it. I would’ve taken a cold shower even if I had the option. Our guide, Alex, was spectacular and so knowledgeable. He was with us from pick up at airport to dropping us off back at the airport. He knew everything about the places we went, the history, the people, the animals, birds, insects, plants, trees, cultures, medicinal properties of the jungle. He told us stories about legends of the Amazon people. He was there for us for anything we needed. Such a wonderful guy who made a huge effort to make us feel comfortable all the time. We felt very lucky to share his time for three days and it was because of him that made our trip such a special experience for us. I highly recommend staying here for the most unforgettable trip of a lifetime and hopefully you get Alex as your guide!!! Thank you to Sinchicuy Lodge and to all the people working there for your gracious hospitality. Thank you so much Alex for everything!!!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank sbreci

Dear Sandra:

A special thanks to you for such flattering words. Opinions like this one, allow us to continue improving and growing up as a company and human team.

Thanks again!