“Thai food in Kanata”
Review of My Thai Village

My Thai Village
Ranked #4 of 21 Restaurants in Kanata
Description: Welcome to My Thai Village Restaurant Step into My Thai Village and experience the delicious flavors of traditional Thai dishes prepared freshly by our experienced chefs. My Thai Village is located in the heart of Richmond town and now with another location in the Kanata area. We are just 10 to 15 minutes away from Stittsville, and Barrhaven. Thai food is spicy and rich with exotic fine herbs that will melt your taste buds. Choose from a variety of our dishes ranging from mild, medium, spicy or very spicy...leaving A TASTE OF MY THAI in your mouth!
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Enjoyed the chicken satay and pad thai with shrimp, as well as spring rolls. All the food was tasty and refreshing, and you could notice the thai flavours like cilantro and lemongrass. Many thai restaurants serve small shrimp in their pad thai, but these were quite large with their tails still on. Located in a strip mall so not the easiest to see unless you know it is there. I would go again.

1  Thank DustyOttawa

Reviewed 4 March 2018

We visited 8 people for dinner on a Fri night. They were very busy with deliveries although the sitting area wasn't busy. The food came in waves. Most of us liked the food. However my green curry was more watery than usual but it was not very salty which was great. Unfortunately there was no eggplant. When I told them they said that they had run out. I don't mind when things run out; what I mind is when they assume customers won't notice. Also, one of the teas was cold . Overall I believe that there is room for improvement. I will give them another chance in the future.

2  Thank Eclectic_Eater_OT
Reviewed 20 November 2017 via mobile

We really liked the place. Service was slow and minor issue with a strand of hair in one dish (they need hairnets in the kitchen!!!) but the food was awesome and great price. We mentioned as they picked up plates but didn’t give an excuse, just shrugged. We figure it is “new restaurant issues”, so willing to give benefit of doubt. Definitely will go back but will keep an eye open for issues to determine if it goes on regular lunch rotation.

3  Thank RoadWearyAndWorn
Reviewed 15 November 2017

I was in Kanata for business and found this restaurant on Tripadvisor. In a strip mall - actually almost missed it!
Glad I didn't. Food was great! It was Tuesday night and they weren't that busy but the food tasted very fresh. I liked the soup so much I ordered a second one.
Will definitely go back when I'm in the Kanata area!

4  Thank Perry K
Reviewed 11 November 2017 via mobile

Recently tried out the new My Thai Village restaurant in Kanata and was very pleased with the quality of the food, attentive service and pricing. The chicken Satay appetizer was great and nicely presented. The pad Thai was great, and the chicken Panang was very good. My husband liked the fact that it came with lots of sauce, (although I prefer a thicker sauce) and perfectly cooked rice. Will definitely return.

2  Thank MaureenStew