All reviews bread a lovely stay recommend this hotel make sure breakfast lady boiled eggs every morning shearings holiday minutes walk away innsbruck snow bus castle mountains walls schnapps michael
Reviewed 13 July 2018

Myself and a work colleague were in the area for Business for what was planned to be two days then turned to into 3 days.

We had an excellent stay at this very clean Hotel. The staff was exceptionally nice and saw to all our needs. The rooms were clean, had what one needed and quiet. The last part was very important.

The menu on the restuarant might be small but the dishes are fun and tasty and again the staff is willing to make changes without any hassle. Breakfast is very nice with all that one needs including bacon and eggs which is a welcome addition compared to a lot of other European hotels that only offer a cold breakfast.

The price is very fair for what you get and I like the fact that this is a family owned hotel with the family working there to make sure all goes well.

I can say that without hesitation we will be booking this hotel for all future business trips in the area.

Room Tip: Room 109 and 110 are new!
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Arthur U
Reviewed 24 March 2018

Stayed here on a coach holiday, room ok , bathroom compact, no kettle in room but wasn’t expecting one. Dining room nice , waiting staff lovely, pork every night, but an alternative offered. Breakfast ok.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 February 2018

Just returned from a Shearings holiday. This hotel is excellent. George and Michael are such wonderful hosts. The hotel is lovely an warm, spotless. The room was a nice size, the towels changed every day as was the bedding. The food is very good the chef takes such a pride in what he prepares some of the displays were amazing. Everything is local and fresh. We spoke to someone on the tour who was vegetarian and they said how the food for them had been really good and the hotel had made a real effort to make them something tasty. Michael does a wonderful tour of his Schnapps distillery at the hotel it is very interesting and some nice schnapps to taste. There are two bars at the hotel one in reception and then a bar downstairs, the bar downstairs can be a bit smokey but worth seeing and you will see it on the schnapps tour, you walk through a doorway which is carved in to a large barrel and you can actually sit inside a large wooden barrel to have your drink, it is amazing. The hotel provide tea and cake one lunch time which was really nice and I would like to thank them for this. Also special thanks to George for all his help in giving us train times and ideas of where we could go on our day off. For those of you still to visit Pill, especially on the Shearings tour, there is a station about 20 minutes walk away and a bus stop just opposite the Spar. Near the station some of the passengers on our trip found a butterfly and Parrot House and an upside down house, which you can see from the road, amazing sight. Those who visited said really good 10 Euros to go in. You can also get taxi's from the hotel, they are happy to phone one for you. Five of us got a taxi to Schwarz a lovely little town 3KM from Pill with a river, you can visit a castle there, but you would need to get the taxi to take you there. The town has an old part with a lovely bakery and café and also a small modern shopping centre undercover which has high street shops and Muller one of my favourite shops. It cost 10 Euros each way by taxi, and as there was five of us that was just 2 Euros each, each way. Coming back there was some problem phoning for the taxi and we called in a little camera shop and they kindly phoned us a taxi, the Austrian people are very nice and helpful. You can also get a train to Kufstien which is 50 mins away. Or Innsbruck a train goes to. Some passengers got a taxi to the chair lifts up the mountain they said there was 10 of them in a mini bus cost 60 Euros, but they split this between them and the chairlift was 7 Euros. There are also some walks in the area, of course it was thick snow when we were there, but the pavements and roads were clear. Swarovski is just a few miles away and there are leaflets at the hotel that will admit one person free if one is paying. So there are places you can visit if you have a day in Pill. Also you can go back to Rattenberg by train too. This hotel is also a listed building but has all modern equipment. The breakfast is served in a different room than for dinner and both rooms are lovely. The breakfast is really good, boiled eggs, bacon, scrambled eggs, all breads, fresh jam, cornflakes etc. very good choice, you certainly would not starve here. All the staff are pleasant and I would like to say a big thank you to George, Michael and the waiters, breakfast lady and cleaners who maid our stay such a pleasant one, you all worked so hard. I certainly would recommend this hotel and the views of the mountains are lovely too. There is a spar and a little café in Pill and a lovely church and nice river running through the village too. The trips Shearings included were very good, trip to cheese factory really interesting as was the glass blowing in Rattenberg. If you go to Ambras castle there are some steps and some winding ones inside. You don't have to do these there is a flatter part of the castle you can stay in and a café. The knights in armour are worth seeing and that is in a flatter separate part. We shall enjoy drinking the schnapps we bought from you Michael many thanks again for a lovely stay.

Room Tip: All rooms seemed ok no complaints
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Tbag2014
Reviewed 12 February 2018 via mobile

Have just arrived home from a fantastic stay at this hotel a very warm friendly hotel great staff room spotless food very good for a large group booking. George is super and micheal is just charming do take a look at his schnapps making stuff he is so proud of it and his samples are wonderful. Breakfast lady was lovely every morning you were treated as family not guests and I would recommend this hotel wholeheartedly . Thankyou all for a wonderful stay.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank traceynkev
Reviewed 1 February 2018

We had a lovely stay at the hotel except for the choice of food for me. I have not eaten meat for 40years but I do eat fish. The hotel informed me on the first evening that there was no option for fish while I was there. This is a four star hotel with only 30 diners per night.The chef though seems to have little imagination for vegetarians . My starter one evening was a plate of lettuce leaves with two cherry tomatoes! I had a wonderful meal at an outside restaurant that didn't know about my preference until I arrived so why didn't the hotel make a little more effort. As there wasn't a menu, even the the meat eaters didn't have a choice, so if you didn't eat pork that would have been very difficult too. I cannot be the only person who visits the hotel who doesn't eat meat. yet driving back to the hotel through a ski resort the hotels had signs on the outside walls offering meat, fish and pizzas, so if they can do it why not the Plankenhof?

Stayed: January 2018