“Awesome good time”

Jungle Land Panama
Ranked #1 of 20 things to do in Gamboa
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: This is the by far the most complete day tour conducted on Lake Gatun of the Panama Canal. Tour the lake and see diversa flora, fauna and ships transiting the Canal. Witness history in the making with works to expand the canal. Visit Monkey Island and our award winning Floating Lodge. Enjoy a delicious Panamanian lunch and take part in our numerous activities at no additional charge, kayaking, fishing, swiming & Stand-up-Paddling.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children
Reviewed 30 July 2017

We did the jungle tour and I was not sure what to expect but by the time it was over, this was an absolutely wonderful time. Just hearing the howler monkeys put chills down my spine. Where else can you go and feed not one, but 2 different types of monkeys, see several crocs and have a fantastic authentic Panama lunch prepared for you
The tour guides we simply magnificent with us and I highly recommend this tour !!!

1  Thank 6stringbassman89
"your choice"
in 4 reviews
"an amazing experience"
in 7 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
in 7 reviews
"overnight stay"
in 6 reviews
"overnight package"
in 3 reviews
"beer and wine"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed 28 July 2017

While I realize they can't control the traffic it was extremely frustrating the amount of time spent in the van getting there and back. Once on the boat, guide was informative and occasionally funny . Fishing was okay. Too many people on each fishing boat to comfortably put your line in. On the plus side, our boat caught 5 fish! Jumping off the house's deck was fun and certainly refreshing. Lastly, I know it is the jungle but the bees/bugs made eating lunch impossible.

1  Thank lgfinn
Reviewed 11 July 2017

Great tour, everything is well timed and it's a nice day of activity. Shuttle picked us up on time, a big of a wait for our boat (30 mins at the dock), then a nice trip on the canal, a visit to some monkeys and birds and then to the awesome floating lodge. The lodge includes a high dive, safe swimming, hammocks and a surprisingly tasty lunch (it's out in the jungle!). Then there is the choice to kayak to a waterful (highly recommended, it's an easy paddle about 1 km), fishing or just hang around the lodge. The waterful is beautiful and you are invited to jump off of it (about 10 ft up).

Captain Carl is a joker and I could see how that could rub some people the wrong way, but I enjoyed his banter. Also, there's some physical activity, so probably best for ages 10 to 70ish.

Reviewed 16 June 2017

We recently did a day excursion with Jungle Land Panama and we had a fantastic time. We had small kids and they all enjoyed the boat ride, kayaking and swimming. The floating lodge is unique and provides a nice place to break, eat a great Panamanian lunch and take in the scenery before moving on to other activities. I've seen some other reviews regarding Capt. Carl and his behavior and demeanor. I can see where others may not appreciate his sense of humor, but it didn't bother us and I don't think it should be a reason to not try this day trip. Just roll with it and enjoy the experience. He is very knowledgeable and very safe throughout the activities. The day trip was definitely worth it and when we return to Panama maybe the overnight excursion will be next on our list. If you're looking for things to do in Panama while visiting, this needs to be at the top of your list - the experience is unbeatable and we've been to Panama several times now.