“Okay Day”

Jungle Land Panama: Day Excursions
Ranked #1 of 18 things to do in Gamboa
More attraction details
Owner description: We offer the best day tours on the Panama Canal. Our tours showcase the flora, fauna, and the Canal operations. For a very unique experience we operate the only floating lodge on the Panama Canal. Don't just visit the Canal "LIVE IT!"
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children
Reviewed 28 July 2017

While I realize they can't control the traffic it was extremely frustrating the amount of time spent in the van getting there and back. Once on the boat, guide was informative and occasionally funny . Fishing was okay. Too many people on each fishing boat to comfortably put your line in. On the plus side, our boat caught 5 fish! Jumping off the house's deck was fun and certainly refreshing. Lastly, I know it is the jungle but the bees/bugs made eating lunch impossible.

Reviewed 11 July 2017

Great tour, everything is well timed and it's a nice day of activity. Shuttle picked us up on time, a big of a wait for our boat (30 mins at the dock), then a nice trip on the canal, a visit to some monkeys and birds and then to the awesome floating lodge. The lodge includes a high dive, safe swimming, hammocks and a surprisingly tasty lunch (it's out in the jungle!). Then there is the choice to kayak to a waterful (highly recommended, it's an easy paddle about 1 km), fishing or just hang around the lodge. The waterful is beautiful and you are invited to jump off of it (about 10 ft up).

Captain Carl is a joker and I could see how that could rub some people the wrong way, but I enjoyed his banter. Also, there's some physical activity, so probably best for ages 10 to 70ish.

Reviewed 16 June 2017

We recently did a day excursion with Jungle Land Panama and we had a fantastic time. We had small kids and they all enjoyed the boat ride, kayaking and swimming. The floating lodge is unique and provides a nice place to break, eat a great Panamanian lunch and take in the scenery before moving on to other activities. I've seen some other reviews regarding Capt. Carl and his behavior and demeanor. I can see where others may not appreciate his sense of humor, but it didn't bother us and I don't think it should be a reason to not try this day trip. Just roll with it and enjoy the experience. He is very knowledgeable and very safe throughout the activities. The day trip was definitely worth it and when we return to Panama maybe the overnight excursion will be next on our list. If you're looking for things to do in Panama while visiting, this needs to be at the top of your list - the experience is unbeatable and we've been to Panama several times now.

Reviewed 6 June 2017

What an awesome time! The whole experience is what we were looking for! Capt. Carl and Shane did a great job guiding the tour. I will definitely go again!

1  Thank Becky S
Reviewed 26 May 2017

The trip was nice, the lodge was very clean and well appointed, and the lunch served was spectacular. So why ruin a good thing with an arrogant and sarcastic owner. People, like me, really want to learn something on these trips, so when legitimate questions asked in a polite manner are given an arrogant and sarcastic quip as a response, that is not good. In reading some of the other reviews, others have experienced the same. I guess Carl doesn't realize the power of Tripadvisor and what comments his clients will make about the experience. Aside from the sarcastic owner, the trip was good.

2  Thank Gmoney1955
bigriver63, Owner at Jungle Land Panama: Day Excursions, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2017

I do appreciate the power of Trip Advisor. I use it as a platform to better inform our future clients as what to expect at Jungle Land. This way they can make an educated choice if this is the tour for them.

The Captain isnt arrogant he is confident and out spoken. He has received thousands of guestions and his 15 years on the lake allows him to answer the majority without going to google while the guests are not looking. He aswers sensible questions sensibly. This may start with a joke on the subject.

Question: How deep is the lake?
Answer: Over your head.
Followed by: Some spots are over 100 feet deep and some places you can stand.

Sorry to say that some question are not sensible. For example a guest just this week pointed out over the lake and asked me if it was sewage water. I couldnt understand where this question came from since the water wasnt dirty nor smelled bad.

Answer: No this isnt sewage water. 50% of Panama's human population take their drinking water from this lake and I am one of them.

Please keep in mind when asking a question of the Captain he aquiered his form of guiding while serving in the United States Marine Corps. Not as a liberal minded college professor.

There are no safe spaces in the Jungle.

Semper Fi!