Review Highlights
Excellent river and lake tour

We were taken to the Gamboa Tarpon Club where we picked up the Eco Tour. We split into 2 boats and... read more

Reviewed 8 May 2017
Duquesadiner
Glasgow, United Kingdom
via mobile
Highly recommend overnight

My daughter and I did the overnight stay. It was even better after the day crowd left. Fantastic... read more

Reviewed 27 March 2017
Peteydogohio
Ohio
via mobile

Recommended experiences in and around Gamboa
from USD 125.00
from USD 16.05
from USD 110.00
from USD 42.80
More Info
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 30 December 2015 via mobile

Excellent guide, interesting locations , only thing keeping from being great was the baloney sandwich lunch
Recommend for all ages

Date of experience: December 2015
1  Thank William G
Reviewed 9 December 2015 via mobile

If you only have one tour to do in Panama canal area, this is the one you want to do. It starts on a motor boat cruise the more commercial path of the canal where you navigate along the commercial ships transiting and explore the jungle side where you get to feed the monkeys. Then they bring you to the house boat of the owner where a copious lunch is waiting for you. There is a range of activities that are proposer to you after that. You can choose between: kayaking, fishing, chilling in the hamacs, swimming, etc... We did the kayaking and I suggestion you bring water shoes because there is a little bot of walking to reach a small waterfall in the middle of the jungle!

Seriously, I would like to thank Carl and his crew for the amazing day and the humour was awesome! We had a blast!

Date of experience: November 2015
1  Thank Amélie B
Reviewed 11 November 2015 via mobile

A great day on the water with wildlife.

As much fun as it is to be on the canal next to the cargo ships and realize just how big they are, the real fun starts when you get off th main path.

When you start into the little inlets, you begin to see just how beautiful the land really is. You start to feel like you're in a movie as you get further in, cause it just keeps getting prettier.

Make sure you have a good camera for pics and vids, cause it will get lots of use!!

Date of experience: October 2015
Reviewed 6 January 2015

we took two young kids with us to see the monkeys and wild life, which they did...but lunch wasn't until 1:30 when we made sandwiches and had a muffin and pop...a long time as we did a two hour bus ride, a boat ride, a walk in the jungle...so take food!

Date of experience: January 2015
4  Thank Jane3722
Reviewed 10 October 2014

Its only been 9 months and I still think about my awesome trip on the panama canal with Captain Carl. If your in Panama and you don't do this tour,(better yet spend the night, I did) You will not know what you have missed. Captain Carl will make sure you have a great adventure. My favorite part was hearing the Howler monkeys in the very early morning, Thanks again Carl, I will be back. Connie from Missouri

Date of experience: January 2014