“4-day Big Band Break”
Review of Potters Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hopton on Sea
Potters Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Hopton on Sea
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 8 June 2013

Four of us have just returned from a first time visit to Potter's. All of us thought it was wonderful value for money; the food quality and the options available were fantastic. Andrew, our waiter, did a wonderful job and all the staff were friendly and eager to please. What a shame the resort is so far from where we live. Congratulations to all Potter's staff!

Pam Blackshaw, Gloucester

2  Thank Pam B
There are newer reviews for Potters Resort

Reviewed 5 June 2013

This was my 4th visit to Potters - visits 1-3 have been with a family group of 12, youngest 2 the first time we attended and the oldest aged 74. We love the surroundings, the pleasant, relaxed ambience in all the public areas, the FOOD which is excellent quality and plentiful (dangerously so when you like your food like I do) and also the fact that you can try a wide range of interesting and fun activities without having to carry your purse around with you! The evening entertainment is excellent and the whole place just screams excellence and fun. It is a fun and safe environment for the children, our older people enjoy the quizzes and just watching everyone and us middle-agers tried all sorts of things - welly wanging, go-karting, blind golf cart driving, zumba, archery, table tennis, swimming, bowls, inflatable assault course and so much more. Our absolute top favourite activity (for me and my sis-in-law particularly) is Qasar so we were saddened in 2011 to hear that this was not going to happen again - please bring Qasar back for August 2013 (when we return). This recent occasion myself and a friend came along to the Bootleg Beatles one night package which included a 5 course dinner with wine, overnight stay and breakfast and entertainment. There were not so many activities as we are used to but we still got a chance to try Segway for the first time, play table tennis and enjoy the swimming pool, steam room and Jacuzzi. The Bootleg Beatles were absolutely brilliant and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay although it was too too brief - thank goodness we are booked to return in August. Once again thank you Potters for an amazing time.

Room Tip: We usually go for the Bungalow Plus option and quite like the rooms that face onto the sports ground...
1  Thank Taffles
Reviewed 5 June 2013

Stayed here with some friends for a weekend break. The entertainment really is of a high standard and the food is of a good quality considering that it is mass catering. The staff are very friendly and go out of their way to help you enjoy yourselves. This really is an up-market holiday camp with no hint of hi-di-hi!!

One sour note for the management though (if they read these reviews) is the 0844 booking telephone number. This cost me a couple of pounds in call costs to book even though I have a call-inclusive package from BT (like a lot of other people). Come on - give us a local phone number to call as well as the 0844 number.

1  Thank Sandaw54
Reviewed 4 June 2013

This is a great family weekend. We have been going since I was a child! Well, for as long as I can remember actually.

On this occasion is was a surprise for my Dad's 60th. He loved it.

He is very sporty and it gives us a chance as a family to get together.
We played squash, badminton, swimming, bowls - all of which are in with the price.
Sauna, Steam room are also great.

The was a Queen tribute act when we stayed, which was a lot of fun, and included a disco.
This was enjoyable for all ages.
Our party was ages 20-65.

The staff are all very friendly, and welcoming.
And the food is always delicious.

We had waitress service, so unsure about other reviews mentioning school dinner style as this was not the case for our dinner meal, as we ordered from our seats and then food was brought to us.

Breakfast is buffest style, but the chefs are there at each counter serving full English breakfast, as well as continental options.

I know there are all-inclusive options, meaning drinks are included 24/7, however we don't normally opt for this, and go for breakfast and dinner inclusive only.

I know that to stay here it isn't very cheap, but it is totally worth it. And it is fun for all the family if you like to get involved in activities.

Room Tip: We booked together, so our rooms were located very close together.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Jhibb
Reviewed 4 June 2013

Just returned from a one-night all inclusive event. We booked the Penthouse accommodation as it was all that was left but the price to upgrade was reasonable, so we didn't mind. The room was superb - we felt very pampered. The room was beautifully furnished, with bath robes and slippers too. The giant jacuzzi bath was perfect for relaxing, on the whole a real luxury experience and worth every extra penny.

However, the food was disappointing on this occasion. Dinner is served on mass in 'school dinner' type containers. I was very unhappy with the vegetarian option - it looked unedible. On complaining to the young and inexperienced waitress, she offered another one of the same. i declined, as I couldn't imagine another one being any better. We asked if I could have an alternative and she disappeared and saw her speaking to a colleague. No-one returned to our table, so I ate the accompanying veg and left the main. The colleague later cleared our table, taking away my uneaten meal without comment and talking non-stop about inane stuff - probably to prevent us from complaining. She hastily asked which dessert option we wanted and quickly delivered these along with our tea and coffee. I was left feeling that our original waitress had just passed us on to someone else so the problem didn't have to be dealt with. We could have complained louder, but its not in our nature, so I left the restaurant feeling disappointed and hungry!!

On a plus side, the entertainment was good, and the drinks inclusive break is excellent value for money. Returning to the luxury penthouse for the night was also a bonus. Breakfast was mediocre - I've had better quality food from a Premier Inn!

I've stayed a Potters a few times and loved it - but this time its made me think twice about returning anytime soon. Shame, because it is generally very good.

Room Tip: If you're looking for a romantic break, pay the extra for the penthouse suite - its definitely w...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Beechwood Hotel
#1 of 2 in North Walsham
30.1 km away
Sprowston Manor Marriott Hotel & Country Club

Been to Potters Resort? Share your experiences!