“Best Fish and Chips!”

Ranked #2 of 5 Restaurants in Pagham
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 20 July 2017 via mobile

I visit Pagham and the surrounding area often to catch up with family. We decided to take fish and chips to the beach and get them close by so thought we'd try here for the first time.
Best fish and chips I've had for ages!! They were freshly cooked for us so we had to wait for a few minutes but it was worth it - the chips were great but the batter in the fish was delicious! It was crispy, tasty and hot but not at all greasy. Plenty of salt and vinegar added to the taste too. They were a fair price too, especially given the quality. Much cheaper than I pay at home for something no where near as good.

Would I go here again? Absolutely!!

Just remember they don't take cards so take cash with you :)

Reviewed 15 July 2017 via mobile

Wonderful value too
£2 parking all day
Clean Loos

Reviewed 12 July 2017 via mobile

Pagham Beach Cafe is about a mile from my house. I like to go there with friends I haven't seen for a while or take my Mum for lunch there when we get the chance for it to be just us two. It feels me with nostalgia and makes me very happy. The food is great quality for money. Never had anything bad from the menu. The burgers are gorgeous and very filling. The only negatives are that they don't serve proper diner style ice cream milkshakes. If they put proper 50's style USA milkshakes on the menu it would be perfect and I have no doubt very popular! Also it's cash only which is a pain as there are no ATMS around locally so you really have to plan ahead to go. I rarely ever carry cash but I always make sure to draw some out before I go there.

1  Thank waynsie123
Reviewed 2 July 2017 via mobile

Came to Pagham this weekend for a family break and have had the most wonderful weekend. On our first morning here we came to the Pagham Beach Cafe for breakfast which was very reasonably price but the sausages were deep fried and not of the best quality. The staff that work there are all lovely.

Today we decided to take a nice walk along the seafront and thought that we'd go back to the beach cafe for some authentic seaside fish and chips. Unfortunately, not only did we have to wait half an hour for the food. It wasn't fresh. The chips weren't hand cut potatoes but frozen processed and tasteless. Also the fish wasn't the flaky fresh fish that you'd expect by the sea but a grey mush in batter.

After a 2 hour walk it was really disappointing. I really like to support these local businesses when I get away for the weekend but I'm afraid that I wouldn't go back for their fish and chips.

1  Thank Anthony B
Reviewed 2 July 2017

well what can I say, the family and staff you carn't ask for more you are treated like part of the family they work very hard to make all welcome .
While we were there we went to a top restaurant paid near three time the cost of the café for a meal of liver which was like rubber next day went to café had same meal and liver cook as all food like wanting more supper cooks.
If you want to enjoy food then Pagham Beach Café should be for you .
Maria Mum and all you staff not forgetting your Brother at the Arcade good luck to your boys when in USA.

1  Thank fazermk2