“A very high standard , very pleasant lunch experience !”
Review of River Cottage Restaurant - CLOSED

River Cottage Restaurant
Price range: USD 14 - USD 29
Cuisines: European, Seafood, Australian, Contemporary
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Quaint Cottage property just down from the Noosa River, Serves contemporary European and Australian cuisine. Intimate dining setting. Outdoor dining in the summer under our covered verandah.
Reviewed 27 March 2015

By now many would know that we mainly do lunches , we prefer them to the bustle of dinners , and it's more likely the ingredients are fresher , and so are the staff !

Now we've read some of the exemplary reviews , and some of the less than favourable ones , and I must say , after today's experience , that I'm a little surprised at the negative ones. Maybe it was just a bad day , happens to the best of us. And I often wonder how many actually read and understand a menu.

We elected to select the $40 lunch special for my wife , and I went a la carte , so we had an immediate comparison of plating and sizes.

Service was prompt , friendly and most accommodating.

The entree's were delivered within 10 minutes of our drinks order arriving , a good indicator , and the presentation was very good.

My wife had the Poached pear, figs, watercress, sage, candied walnuts, goats curd beignets, vincotto , and I had the Mooloolaba prawns, watermelon, mint, coriander, coconut, chilli, coconut vinaigrette ,

After tasting a few mouthfuls , my wife pronounced hers as "one of the best entrees ever" , and I was impressed by mine. We don't usually manage to fully clean plates , but we did to these.

The mains arrived about 15 minutes after the entrees were cleared , she chose the Crispy skin Tasmanian salmon,avocado, pink grapefruit, water cress,artichoke, shaved fennel,red wine vinaigrette , and I chose the Byron bay pork medallions, sautéed potatoes, garlic, mushrooms, cauliflower, pear sauce , with a side of local sugar snaps, snow peas,green beans.

Again the presentation was very good , the side dish was huge , the Lunch Special Salmon was quite large , in fact my wife had difficulty finishing it all. The salmon was cooked perfectly , crispy skin and succulent pink/red flesh.

I had 3 good sized medallions of Pork , a well sauteed mix of potato, onion & bacon , braised mushrooms , lightly steamed cauliflower and an excellent pear sauce. All on the plate was more substantial than the special , but hey , it cost more.

I would say , that one piece of the pork was ever so slightly over cooked , but in fairness , it was also slightly smaller , nonetheless , it was succulent and quite delicious.

The side chosen was a good mix that suited both dishes , so we both shared this.

The only condiment needed was a little cracked pepper.

So , to sum up , an excellent meal , very good service , at a reasonable price , all served by one of the friendly owners , hard to get better than that.

Reviewed 22 March 2015 via mobile

When we were seated at 7:30 a lady at the table beside us exclaimed to her friend that her meal was the best she'd ever eaten in Noosa. High praise indeed. An hour later we were saying the same thing.

I ordered hand cut fettuccine with olives as a starter and it was not just well cooked it was perfectly cooked. The oven roasted eye fillet I ordered as a main was also not just well cooked it was perfectly cooked as per my order and even at 'medium-well' was beautifully tender.

Service was attentive and friendly.

This restaurant is a 'must'. I hope you agree.

Reviewed 21 March 2015

Many years
Many dinners
Back here again recently during a brief visit to Noosa.
This restaurant maintains a high standard. We have never been disappointed. The menu is small but varied. The food is well presented. The service is punctual and polite. The wine list provides a reasonable range but I'd like to see more by the glass options.
Thank you River Cottage for another very enjoyable evening. Keep up the good work.

Reviewed 18 March 2015

Wine was fabulous, food was very average and certainly overpriced for the quality. I swear it was served with frozen peas and carrots - very 1980's. Other than taking our order and clearing away staff didn't engage at all. Bit disappoining, would have expected more

Reviewed 6 March 2015

Excellent 5* Restaurant in Noosa. The owners have got it 100% right. the decor, the service, the food, the staff were all 1st class cannot fault anything about our visit. My starter was Poached Pears with figs, mouth watering, do choose this. Rest of the party all had different selections from the menu and all were delicious. Lovely place to go for a special occasion, lovely bar area. Well both visiting and would definently visit again.