“A 'must' in Noosa”
Review of River Cottage Restaurant - CLOSED

River Cottage Restaurant
Price range: USD 14 - USD 29
Cuisines: European, Seafood, Australian, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Quaint Cottage property just down from the Noosa River, Serves contemporary European and Australian cuisine. Intimate dining setting. Outdoor dining in the summer under our covered verandah.
Reviewed 22 March 2015 via mobile

When we were seated at 7:30 a lady at the table beside us exclaimed to her friend that her meal was the best she'd ever eaten in Noosa. High praise indeed. An hour later we were saying the same thing.

I ordered hand cut fettuccine with olives as a starter and it was not just well cooked it was perfectly cooked. The oven roasted eye fillet I ordered as a main was also not just well cooked it was perfectly cooked as per my order and even at 'medium-well' was beautifully tender.

Service was attentive and friendly.

This restaurant is a 'must'. I hope you agree.

Reviewed 21 March 2015

Many years
Many dinners
Back here again recently during a brief visit to Noosa.
This restaurant maintains a high standard. We have never been disappointed. The menu is small but varied. The food is well presented. The service is punctual and polite. The wine list provides a reasonable range but I'd like to see more by the glass options.
Thank you River Cottage for another very enjoyable evening. Keep up the good work.

Reviewed 18 March 2015

Wine was fabulous, food was very average and certainly overpriced for the quality. I swear it was served with frozen peas and carrots - very 1980's. Other than taking our order and clearing away staff didn't engage at all. Bit disappoining, would have expected more

Reviewed 6 March 2015

Excellent 5* Restaurant in Noosa. The owners have got it 100% right. the decor, the service, the food, the staff were all 1st class cannot fault anything about our visit. My starter was Poached Pears with figs, mouth watering, do choose this. Rest of the party all had different selections from the menu and all were delicious. Lovely place to go for a special occasion, lovely bar area. Well both visiting and would definently visit again.

Reviewed 23 February 2015

We had a wonderful night at the River Cottage; the staff were excellent making us feel very comfortable. The layout of the restaurant is very elegant and spacious, giving a pleasant and relaxing feel. My entree was scallops which were perfectly tender. The main was barramundi, perfectly cooked, white tender flesh with beautifully crispy skin. Also tried the coffee martini; a great way to end a fantastic night.