“Absolute disgrace, disgusting food and staff”

Maisie's Seafood and Steakhouse
Ranked #11 of 111 Restaurants in Noosaville
Price range: USD 12 - USD 32
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Maisie's Seafood & Steakhouse Restaurant Noosa. Looking for a relaxed ambience, delicious food and peaceful outlook? Why not try Maisie's in Noosaville for lunch or dinner – as one of Noosa’s longest-running restaurants, Maisie's has a great trackrecord of serving tasty food and pleasing both locals and residents alike. Specialising in fresh seafood and tastysteaks, get along to Maisies.
Reviewed 28 December 2011

Lunch, Christmas Eve so we thought let's have a rare dine out treat. It's rare because the standard of restaurant food and service in the Noosa area is appalling. After 12 dine outs over past 2 years only one was a good experience. Maisies was as bad as it gets.
Lunch special plus a bowl of chips,OK it was only $36.50 for two but if you can't do it well don't do it. Barra with Ceasar salad and Barra with Greek salad. We received our meals within 2 minutes of ordering from the grossly obese inept waiter, the warning bells were ringing. Good food cannot be prepared that quick. The 'waiter' thought they were doing well to be so fast, ignorance is not bliss. Both servings of Barra were 3 tiny slivers, obviously waste off cuts, coated in thick batter, the Greek salad was drowned in vinegar to the point it was unedible, the Ceasar, my favourite, had no anchovies, a few tiny tasteless pieces of chopped bacon and the croutons were of poor commercial white bread, again tasteless. It didn't even resemble a Ceasar salad.
On voicing our view to staff they were amused.
Don't go there, keep away, go to McDonalds where the food is better and they're honest about what they do.

Kevin

There are newer reviews for Maisie's Seafood and Steakhouse

Reviewed 8 December 2011

My wife's lobster was tough as was my sea food platter with a bland taste - very disappointing.!!
The dessert selected was equally bad as almost a frozen one microwaved to heat.
Never again and probably trading on very old reviews.

Reviewed 5 December 2011

3rd time that we have eaten at Maisie's. We always like to give places a second and third chance. The meals are average and overpriced although I got my meal for half price because they gave me the wrong thing. On the other hand, the desserts and cocktails are brilliant so I would suggest a meal somewhere else and cocktails and dessert at Maisie's. Sorry Maisie.

Reviewed 28 November 2011

I don't know why this restaurant was full every night. My husband's steak was terribly cooked. They had no vegetarian meal on the menu, but told us they would make something up. All they did was a plate of vegies covered in cheese sauce which if I cooked at home, I would've thrown it in the bin. Not nice at all.

Reviewed 17 November 2011

First, great location, right on Noosa river - however, as QLD does not have daylight saving, dinner is in the dark (probably would be dark by 7pm anyway)

Service good, recommended we went to bottle shop for better (and cheaper) wine selection, and food well cooked. My wife's medium well steak, was spot on (not a hint of pink) and very tender. My fish platter was good (but crab dominated, and very "fiddly").

That said, we enjoyed our meal, but not surprised the reviews are a bit mixed