“Very comfortable with all the amenities needed”
other travellers have booked this property
A fully restored Grade II listed cottage with easy access to Bath and the surrounding countryside
You can just see the parking area in front of the cottage Luxury bathroom with Egyptian cotton towels
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
You can just see the parking area in front of the cottage
Luxury bathroom with Egyptian cotton towels
Lots of stone and wood and a super comfortable King size bed!
Cosy living area with lots of character
Small but perfectly formed. Plenty of room for a cosy weekend or a longer break
Another view of the kitchen/living area. Some of our guests have said it's much bigger than it appea
A great place to relax or have fun!
The Smeg oven is 'state of the art'! A pleasure to use.
Pamper yourself here
Getting an idea of the quality?
Quirky spiral staircase
We've tried to think of lots of nice little touches which make a difference
One of our many enthusiastic testimonials from couples enjopying a romantic break
Another one of our many glowing testimonials from our satisfied clients
This is the former butcher's shop, which is at the front of the same building.
This was the building at the turn of the 20th century!
The Roman Baths. It's just as beautiful in the day.
One of the reason so many people come to Bath! The unique roof top Spa - pure indulgence.
Bathampton Mill is just a few minutes walk from the Saltings
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
558jill
Australia
“Very comfortable with all the amenities needed”
Reviewed 18 October 2014 for a stay in October 2014

Great location for the bus route into Bath which saves driving and dealing with the hassle of finding parking. The spiral staircase is only for the agile ones - especially in carrying the suitcases up! Deborah was very helpful in responding to our queries

22 Oct 2014
Glad you enjoyed the Saltings. Yes the spiral stairs are quite tight, which we state in our property details. As it's a small cottsge there is no room for a conventional stair case. Most guests find it to be perfectly fine and we trust it didn't distract from your stay.
Reviewed 9 October 2014 for a stay in October 2014

Rooms Location
Cleanliness Service
11 Oct 2014
Hi. Glad you had a nice time with us. Sorry about the oven - it just decided to stop working while you were there, which was unfortunate for you. All fixed now but we realise it's not great when it happens to you. It was perfectly fine immediately before your stay but faults can happen anytime. Anyway, we are pleased you would like to book again. :-)
Jennifer...
South Mission Beach, Queensland, Australia
“a negative arrival experience”
Reviewed 26 September 2014 for a stay in September 2014

We were lost trying to find the cottage (there is no signage or numbers on the street) and tried to contact the owners by phone and text. Received a text message saying "I don't understand your problem......" no follow up either. The welcome pack of provisions is a nice touch but concern for people's welfare is nicer.

The nicely restored cottage is clean and well located, and fine for a short stay however it needs some maintenance in the bathroom area. The kitchen saucepans are scratched and have no lids. The oven is complex and only partial instructions are given. Our experience was coloured by the negative arrival experience.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: the under floor heating
Liked least: scratched saucepans in the kitchen
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
2 Oct 2014
Jennifer,

I'm very sad you chose not to tell the whole truth about your visit here and gave us a 3 star review, which you admit is due to your arrival experience.

As you well know, the reason you had problems is that you did not read any of the arrival instructions, which are very clear and which I know you received. In 3 years, we have had no problems with guests finding their way or indeed accessing the cottage. Your issues were entirely of your own making - it's a shame you did not have the decency to admit this. You left numerous answerphone messages on my mobile phone, all of which were very rude and accusatory, as you clearly expected me to be meeting you there even though the instructions explicity said no-one would meet you. But you did not read them, or at least you did not read them properly - the address is on them so you would not have found us at all if you had not had the instructions! You also chose to quote a small part of my text message, out of context. You conveniently 'forgot' to say that I also wrote, "I have very little signal here so struggling to call you. John"

I was in the middle of a field, with virtually no signal, when you were trying to contact me and, as you know, I rang you immediately I received your messages. We had a very brief conversation before I was cut off again. I then stopped what I was doing and took a long walk to an area where I had signal and immediately called you. You snapped "Just give me the code" (the code to access the property, which of course is in the instructions) and you then put the phone down. When I tried to contact you, you did not answer my calls.

So to justify your low rating, you have resorted to the desperation of trying to pick a few small faults, which are unjustified. On Tuesday, we had our latest inspection from 'Visit Britain' who found the cottage to be as perfect as ever and gave us another 4 star rating for this forthcoming year.

We have every concern for people's welfare. Our 67 five star reviews for our courtyard properties clearly show this. I responded as soon as I could and Deborah, our house keeper tells me she rang you at 4pm, (as she does with all guests) just before you actually arrived, to check everything was ok, but you did not respond to her.

I have never had to write a response in this manner and I'm sorry if I'm rather forthright, but I am still shaking and very upset at the false way in which you have represented your experience. The reality is you should have apologised to me for speaking to me in the way you did, when the probems you encountered could so easily have been avoided if you had simply read the email we sent you. I interrupted my afternoon to try to help and this is how you choose to repay me.

We pride ourselves on providing outstanding properties and customer care, which you would find hard to beat in any hotel. Thankfully, our other guests seem to appreciate this and we enjoy dealing with them and seeing them return on numerous occasions.

John
Gemma_000...
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Excellent cottage, great location”
Reviewed 12 September 2014 for a stay in September 2014
person found this review helpful

Great little cottage, some basic kitchen provisions were included which was a nice touch. The cottage was modern, well maintained and clean. Parking space right outside. Short drive into Bath centre and a few great places for food/drink in walking distance.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
15 Sep 2014
Thanks for the review and we are pleased you liked the Saltings and the area.
Trish G
Sydney, Australia
“Away from bustle of Bath but so close”
Reviewed 2 August 2014 for a stay in July 2014

If planning a trip to Bath would highly recommend staying at The Saltings in Batheaston. Has the charm of Bath but without the traffic you confront when visiting in school holidays, summer. The apartment had everything we needed, beautifully appointed, car space and within walking distance of lovely pub. John looked after us exceptionally. Wished we'd stayed longer.

12 Aug 2014
Oh, thank you so much for your compliments, it was a pleasure to have another happy person stay with us. Glad you appreciated what we have to offer and hope to see you again soon. Regards John and Jane
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing