We had an enjoyable 3 nights stay at this hotel during mid November. The location of the hotel is beautiful and secluded. In this context, if you drive like we did, then it is quite easy to miss the gate of this property since the sign board is not very prominent. So if you see the signboard of Raffels, take a u turn.
We found the hotel to be quite well maintained and all the common areas and our room were very clean. Our family suite had a very large bedroom, a separate seating area, a big bathroom and a terrace with seating arrangements. The room had enough storage space and also had tea/coffee facility and a room safe. The bathroom had the usual amenities but there was no bedroom slippers. The bed was very comfortable and the air conditioning worked perfectly.
We opted for half board, so had our dinner and breakfast at the hotel. The breakfast was ok but seeing birds pecking at porridge serving spoon was bit off putting. Our big disappointment was the dinner food. It is not that we were expecting exceptional food but the overall quality was not good at all. This was particularly true for the desserts. Since the hotel is not within walking distance from any outside restaurants, half board is the most convenient option, but be aware that you may have to accept extremely sweet Chili Chicken, hard to chew beef and some dubious sweet dishes.
So far the staff attitude is concerned we found them generally to be polite and helpful but the reception staff can add a smile or two to improve the experience. Saying that I also should mention that the lady who showed us our room was very friendly and cordial.
The hotel pool is large and well maintained. The beach was good too particularly during high tides. There is a staircase at the right side of the beach which takes you to a even more secluded part of the beach and allows you a nice view of the hotel.
Overall a positive experience but they need to improve the food quality to make the experience better.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover warm hospitality and Luxury at Le Domaine de La Reserve, a hotel on the north east of Praslin in a National Marine park. Our intimate beachfront hotel is a rare gem surrounded by unobstructed and breathtaking views of the Indian Ocean.Located on a private estate with its very own private beach in the secluded bay of Anse Petite Cour, Le Domaine de la Reserve is reputed to be a leading hotel of the Seychelles. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Evoline ltd, Agoda, Expedia APAC, Wotif.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Hooroo Pty Ltd and lastminute.com.au so you can book your Le Domaine de La Reserve reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Reserve Praslin Island
- Hotel La Reserve
- La Reserve Seychelles
- Le Domaine De La Reserve Praslin Island, Seychelles - Anse Volbert