Crows Nest Cabins
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Denali Park Village(Denali National Park and Preserve)
  • Restaurant
Denali Bluffs Hotel(McKinley Village)
View Hotel
Grande Denali Lodge(McKinley Village)
View Hotel
McKinley Chalet Resort(McKinley Village)
View Hotel
The Perch Resort(McKinley Village)
  • Restaurant
All reviewsoverlook restauranthot tubtrue alaskan experiencefront deskstairs to climbgolf cartthese cabinstop leveldenali national parkcozy cabinsecond levelshops and restaurantsmountain sidetrain stationdenali salmon bakeonsite restaurantrecommend staying here
Reviewed 9 September 2015

We traveled as a couple on August, and we had a WONDERFUL time. I was a little bit concerned as I was reading other reviews but I decided to give it a chance because of all the personality that the place seemed to have. I just have to say, it EXCEEDED ALL of my expectations.

2 European boys met us in the train station as soon as we got out the train and there was no way for us to help whatsoever, they took all of our bags out of our hands and they had already picked up the ones that we checked in.

After a smooth ride we had even a smoother check in. The front desk agents were chatty, funny and really helpful. They helped us with recommendations and booking activities for us. (We got a lot of perks out of being Crows Nest guests. They even got us a fantastic, special, out of schedule, rafting trip because we couldn't get into the ones in schedule). Impeccable service!

Our room was cleaned and our toiletries replenished every single day.

Our room was cozy, really warm and beds were just DREAMY (Feather beds AND feather covers). We actually requested a second blanket when we got there and the cabin was so warm that we returned it on the second day. We had hot water on the sink and the shower every day of our 4 day stay.

HOT TUB AND SAUNA! AMAZING AFTER A DAY OF HIKING OR RAFTING.
Views from the hot tub and from our level in general (we stayed in a cabin in the 4th level) were incredible.

Location was really good. Just half a mile from the park entrance and a little walk away from all the restaurants and stores. And they would shuttle you everywhere if you don't feel like walking!

Everything was perfect and on point in our whole stay and, to be really honest, I think some people is just not nice. I just felt like that was a truly Alaskan hotel experience but with top service included.

Room Tip: 1st and 2nd floor rooms are the most accessible for people with mobility issues.
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
Della M, Public Relations Manager at Crows Nest Cabins, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2015

Hello,
Thank you for choosing The Crow's Nest during your stay in Denali! We enjoy sharing the Denali that we love and are glad to hear that you loved it too! We're happy that you enjoyed the accommodations, proximity to the park, hot tub/sauna, and service you found here. We also appreciate the nod about the rafting trip. We think our raft guides in Denali are some of the best. They love showing the Nenana to fun, enthusiastic visitors such as yourselves. We're glad we could help.
Thank you again for joining us and for choosing to support local business in Denali. We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 8 September 2015

Imagine, flying 10 hours to get somewhere then training another 7 after that. You get off the train and look around for this shuttle you scheduled months ago. You think, "Man, I'm in the middle of NOWHERE. Where do I go from here?" Well, I looked around and saw a white van with the words Crows Nest on it so I was off to a good start.
I flagged the guy down and he took over from there. I didn't have to lift a finger and when I tried to help he insisted he had it covered. Ok, I appreciate that. We head to the cabin and I have to admit, it was a bummer that the road was torn up because what would have been a 5 minute drive took almost 20. But it seems like there's only one road so what are you going to do? The check-in was smooth and the staff was friendly. I had an upper level cabin and they took my bags up for me. I immediately needed a shower after nearly 20 hours of travel. The bathroom was clean and the water was hot. They had some nice soaps so I didn't have to dig through my bag. Refreshed, I went in search of a bite and a cocktail. I needed a relaxed night before going into the park the next day so I stayed on property.
The Overlook is their restaurant and I intend to review them separately. In short, it was outstanding!
Back to the cabins. I had one of the best sleeps of any hotel I've stayed in. There was a TV but I wasn't really interested in that. The wi-fi was EVERYWHERE. In the room and the restaurant. Did I mention that I'm on the side of a mountain overlooking more mountains in a canyon in the middle of interior Alaska? There was a USB port that I appreciated and the coffee machine worked very well (nice not having to mess with grinds, easy Kurig set-up).
Pricing: I booked a couple months out. I don't really care about the price as long as it's a solid place to stay. This place seemed to be in the sweet spot. Not as much as the prefab resorts but more than the motel-type spots. In the end, I call it a value. I don't care if I pay $50 more than a roadside joint. I want the views, a comfortable/clean room, and competent staff. Check, check, and check!

Room Tip: Want a view, go to the top! Mobility issues, call and ask if they have a lower level room.
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled solo
2  Thank Elitravelbug
Della M, Public Relations Manager at Crows Nest Cabins, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2015

Hello,
Thank you for joining us at The Crow's Nest! You seem to be an adventurous travel and we're glad we were able to suit your needs. We apologize for the road construction. We understand it can be frustrating. But we're glad to hear that the remainder of your stay has exceeded your expectations. Thank you very much for spreading the word and for choosing The Crow's Nest. Happy travels!

Reviewed 8 September 2015 via mobile

We stayed at the Crows Nest in Denali for 6 nights and had a fabulous time! Perfect location, able to walk to restaurants and shopping just down the hill. Rustic little log cabins with five star beds. We slept so well! Gorgeous views, northern lights, extravagant breakfasts at the Overlook restaurant attached to the hotel. Staff was all super friendly, helpful, and accommodating to our every need. Dinner at the Overlook Restaurant is as good as any 5 star place in NYC, maybe better! Astonishing and wonderful to find such a jewel in the wilderness of Denali. Up the hill overlooking the Princess complex, where I am so glad we did NOT stay or eat! Be sure to check out the Salmon Bake restaurant just down the hill, Prospectors Pizza at the end of the shopping strip, and take the shuttle bus to Healy for a meal and brewery tour at the 49th State Brewery - better than Germany!

Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family
3  Thank Debbie C

Hello,
Thank you for your thoughtful review! We are glad to hear you enjoyed your visit to Denali and your stay at The Crow's Nest. We appreciate that you chose to support local business in Alaska and appreciate you taking the time to spread the word. We thank you for your patronage and wish you happy travels!

Reviewed 6 September 2015

I had stayed here years ago, and was excited to go back. The cabins are nothing special, but they are very close to the park and have indoor plumbing- both important to me and my mom. This experience would have been better except for the staff and poor quality of care we received while there. On our second night, we returned after hours of hiking to no toilet paper, no towels, the room had not been vacuumed, trash on the table, and the keys to our door not working. Staff tried to tell me that the key not working was because of the key being by a cell phone- except that I don't own a cell phone. I asked to speak to a manager, and was denied. I then restated my request the next morning to the new employee, he assured me management would email me right away as I don't have a phone and would be traveling, not at home. Well, here we are 5 days later and haven't heard a thing. For over $200 a night, I think a little courtesy is warrented. Stay somewhere else if you want a more pleasant experience for the same amount of money.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank J S
Reviewed 4 September 2015

We had a wonderful stay here during our time in Denali. Yes, the cabin was small, but it had everything we needed. Views could not be beat and it was a nice easy walk to restaurants and shopping. We truly enjoyed the Overlook restaurant on premises, and almost wish we had more of our dinners there. Great service in restaurant and hotel, and everything was very clean. We would return here....especially if we beat the snow. Also highly recommend Husky Homestead tour and Denali park bus tours...and both are super convenient to the cabins.

Room Tip: If you are able, high cabins are best for view (400-500 levels)
Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
Della M, Public Relations Manager at Crows Nest Cabins, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2015

Hello,
Thank you for joining us at the Crow's Nest. We're so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay! We love our work and when we read comments like yours, it makes our day. We will pass along your comments about The Overlook, Husky Homestead, and the park tours. Thank you again, and happy travels!